Coronavirus (COVID-19)

On a different note, I’ve never listened to the World Service so much in my life. Now that 5 Live seems to be populated entirely by oafs and halfwits, the World Service is my go to source of radio news.

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Oh absolutely, but they can be a distraction from all the doom and gloom

You call spreading fake stories that the Chinese are trying to murder us all light relief?

On a different note, I’ve never listened to the World Service so much in my life. Now that 5 Live seems to be populated entirely by oafs and halfwits, the World Service is my go to source of radio news.
I'm give this a try. I've been going radio Scotland, which is better than 5 live.

41 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Only 28 in England 5 in Wales 6 in Scotland and 2 in N Ireland, quite surprising. 

Might just be an anomaly though 

I fear the England figure is a blip, albeit one that is welcome. 

The Scotland news was not good - six deaths, big increase in new cases and ICU cases doubled. You wouldn't imagine that England or indeed any other part of the UK would be encountering anything substantially different. 

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
18 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I'm give this a try. I've been going radio Scotland, which is better than 5 live.

I would think anything was better than 5 Live.

We can only hope so. As well as maybe realising the the people who are actually the important ones responsible for keeping society running are the NHS workers, shop workers, delivery drivers, production and distribution staff, and they deserve the respect and decent wages, not the fucking bankers, stock market traders, politicians, and all the other wankspanners.  
I like how all the business leaders have mostly been outed as the cowardly greedy fucks we all knew they were.
Yes, just you do it. I'll stay here behind the lines counting the money.
Ashley cant continue at Newcastle now surely? Hes like a pantomime villain.

41 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I can guarantee that within a couple of years there will be a pay freeze due to financial restraints etc.

I hope I'm wrong, I usually am.

Just ask my patients...

Are they still available for questioning?

If so, result!

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

I used to listen to Five Live in the evenings, Up All Night is a great show. Whenever I listen to it during the day it’s all a bit “shouty opinionated man in pub”

When I've listened to Up All Night recently it's been a pair of London wankers talking about US "sport".

Not when Dotun Adebayo does his world football hour, he can be insufferable a the best of times but turns into a right c**t when on this topic.

Does that Arsenal grandma phone in every bloody week? I stopped listening to that programme because of her.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Does that Arsenal grandma phone in every bloody week? I stopped listening to that programme because of her.

I couldn't say, after two weeks of that pish I started to listen to 4Extra on those nights.

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That's no way to talk about Arsene Wenger