Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The worldwide total is now 17,100.    
How many fingers you got?
A survey of superforecasters today showed they expect the global death total to be around four million by the end of the month.

Italy overtook China's number of deaths six days ago, now they have more than double. The Italian total just went up by 10% in one day. I think some people need to look out their Standard Grade maths textbooks and read up on compound interest.

11 minutes ago, renton said:

How did you work that out?

One day increase is 37.5% ((22-16/16).  21 days at this incremental increase would produce circa 17,600 (1+0.375) to the power 21.

However this same formula for 14 days then reducing to 1+0.1875 to the power 7 would show the reduced figure.

As I said at the time using a single day’s figure is probably not a good starting point.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Girl and the Robot (Royksopp tune but her vocals)

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Girl and the Robot (Royksopp tune but her vocals)

Is the correct answer (though Monument that she also did with Royksopp is an absolute banger).

Coincidentally my favourite song of hers is another Royksopp production: None of Dem. Everything she's done with them is class tbf. Do It Again is a stomper.

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:

Call Your Girlfriend, Indestructible, Handle Me, U Should Know Better.
In that order.

Honestly think Body Talk might be one of the best albums ever made. Wall to wall bangers.

10 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

A survey of superforecasters today showed they expect the global death total to be around four million by the end of the month.

Italy overtook China's number of deaths six days ago, now they have more than double. The Italian total just went up by 10% in one day. I think some people need to look out their Standard Grade maths textbooks and read up on compound interest.

Albert Einstein called compound interest the eighth wonder of the world.

21 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

4 million? With just under a week left of the month. Absolutely no way 🤣

Posted a big rambling post last week that, among other things, detailed how my older brother separated from his wife a few months after they got married, and that he had met a bird from Mexico on Tinder.

He was supposed to go over to see her last week but she instead arrived here last Thursday. 

She now gets to enjoy lockdown in Townhill with no idea of when she will get to go home.

He did say that they were enjoying it though, and she can work from anywhere due to her role.

Still, mental.

Someone on my FB posted a big conspiracy about Coronavirus. It had 10 bullet points that were fairly plausible tbh. One of which was that it’s been man made by China and that’s why Russia or North Korea haven’t been engulfed with it as they are Chinese allies. Tbf she’s got me believing it 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Someone on my FB posted a big conspiracy about Coronavirus. It had 10 bullet points that were fairly plausible tbh. One of which was that it’s been man made by China and that’s why Russia or North Korea haven’t been engulfed with it as they are Chinese allies. Tbf she’s got me believing it 

If you’re that gullible I can sell you a cure for just £5k.  I’ll even throw in a free bridge.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The problem with that is how does the virus know which border to cross and which ones to avoid?

IMG_0378.jpg

25 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

We are at 20,000 deaths just now. If we add 3,980,000 to that in the next 6 days i will eat my hat.

Italy have hovered around the same total for the last five days. I think it's fair now to suggest this may be the peak of their death curve, and will likely hang there a few more days before starting to drop off by the start of next week.

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Pick the bones out of that eh 🤣

EB6C112A-A84A-4505-9717-6AB4C420634D.jpeg

FD66E26A-C1C9-4C9C-9C9E-47C928A34C41.jpeg

A0C61BAA-7ED9-425E-9F06-1809E24072EF.jpeg

D728A49C-7919-4C02-AF37-BFCC841EB552.jpeg

F44E304A-9EE6-45BF-B3D9-19C1B613466C.jpeg

3A75369B-8913-496F-9FC2-44B3AB5543D2.jpeg

8742ADB3-0719-4675-A0E8-70B886DAD97B.jpeg

19129C7C-2697-4700-B5C2-F52C23FEFBE3.jpeg

A70A3FFE-5367-48B5-8568-32431BF8A553.jpeg

ED065061-D266-4DF2-AFAE-2E9885FBFC6B.jpeg