Coronavirus (COVID-19)

52 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
55 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
21 and dead, no underlying health problems, ffs. 

What's this?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-briton-21-with-no-existing-health-conditions-dies-after-contracting-covid-19-11963451

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Call handler: "What are your symptoms?"

Charles:"Uh, I'm a jug eared, reptilian, horse shagging, mummys boy"

Call handler: "Best we get you in for a test" 

NHS staff in Aberdeenshire should've been given copies of Viz from years ago. Had him sussed.

2104984984_princecharlesviz.jpg.65bda1e96a843a1e22ec2112698ff045.jpg

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I thought that perhaps holiday pay was in some way subsidised, but if it makes no financial sense for them to do that, it is purely just taking our holidays off us so we can't use them later when they expect to be busier. I'm extremely disappointed tbh, I've worked here for 14 years and the company have always prided themselves on employee happiness and well being (because the pay is utter shite) and this just feels like a huge shift in mentality.

Forcing you take your holiday when there's nowhere to go is cuntishness of the highest order.

Wickes website currently has a "queue" holding page due to "unprecedented demand". It's like trying to purchase T in the Park tickets circa 2005. Gonna be some really badly put together shelves going up over the next couple of weeks.

1 minute ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

The govt press conference today talking about testing  makes it seem even more strange that Charlie boy got the NHS test. 

They'd give 10000 deaths to save him. 

It's hard to make comparisons, we're not exactly testing loads of folk, I just follow the death numbers at the moment, that gives me an idea where we are. 
Deaths is a pretty similar comparison to cases in terms of trajectory at this point.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Todays health update.... Most symptoms subsiding although did wake up with a pretty sore head.

Sense of smell and taste still almost totally away. This is becoming a serious cause for concern.

6 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I’m assuming the government is putting in checks to stop companies who otherwise would have survived fine from declaring we are packing in - where’s our 80%? 

It's nothing to do with liquidity.

Any company is elligible to use the scheme. The idea is to encourage non-essential works to close for a short period in order to allow more people to stay home, without forcing companies to lay stay off in order to retain staff and not go bust in doing so.

They have to declare an employee as furloughed to get the 80%. They can't have them working and have 80% of their wages paid by the government.

Edited by Todd_is_God

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's nothing to do with liquidity.

Any company is elligible to use the scheme. The idea is to encourage non-essential works to close for a short period in order to allow more people to stay home, without forcing companies to lay stay off in order to retain staff and not go bust in doing so.

They have to declare an employee as furloughed to get the 80%. They can't have them working and have 80% of their wages paid by the government.

Yes but if you had enough to pay that employee anyway but think why should we when we can declare them as such and effectively get the government to pay them instead of using their own reserves.