Coronavirus (COVID-19)

If you're mobile and not high risk you should be doing your own shopping and leaving delivery to those who need it. Apologies if this is not the case.
Totally agree mate. But why has the online system not been able to age verify as an example to stop p***ks booking every slot. I also cannot get my head around why the click and collect is not expanding quicker. Surely the safest form of shopping ?

15 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

By my calculations, this thread is currently outstripping the speed of the BRALT in the first couple of months. 

Maybe GD could confirm?  :whistle

BRALT took 64 days to hit the 600 page mark.

This thread has just done it in 63.  8)

Big thanks to Madonna, Lady Gaga, Carly Rae Jepsen, Taylor Swift and Paige Spiranac.

1 minute ago, superbigal said:
9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
If you're mobile and not high risk you should be doing your own shopping and leaving delivery to those who need it. Apologies if this is not the case.

Totally agree mate. But why has the online system not been able to age verify as an example to stop p***ks booking every slot. I also cannot get my head around why the click and collect is not expanding quicker. Surely the safest form of shopping ?

Click and Collect is swamped as well apparently. As you say the supermarkets have done nothing to ration deliveries to those who need it, happy to see the profits roll in. 

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You still get wee beer bottle shops opening and closing on a regular basis. Last proper one I remember was Oddbins on Union Street.

I prefer the rarified air of Majestic Wine or the delis dotted along Byres Road. ‘Off Licences’. Pffft. An upside of this coronavirus malarky is that I am well stocked up on some new and interesting reds from Chile and Washington State. With the big packs of Tennents and Budweiser flying off the shelves, I took the opportunity to purchase some varied four-packs of craft lager and IPA.

Feet up in front of Tipping Point, ice cold IPA and a packet of cheesy wotsits. This coronavirus malarky is OK.

First bit I agree about.
Second bit regarding click n collect we are struggling like f**k staff wise and have brought in more people who arent trained yet. We will probably expand again.
However the general public are still assholes.
Dont come into the store for just a meal deal and a paper and head back home. Make yourself a sandwich in house m save some pennies

Click and Collect is swamped as well apparently. As you say the supermarkets have done nothing to ration deliveries to those who need it, happy to see the profits roll in. 
Unsure if being serious again regarding rationing deliveries.
We keep some deliveries back and are cleared by 8am .
Having to put barriers up etc to stop humans being c***s.
We are meant to be on lockdown...

56 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Todays health update.... Most symptoms subsiding although did wake up with a pretty sore head.

Sense of smell and taste still almost totally away. This is becoming a serious cause for concern.

Made worse by Falkirk Council's refuse collection debacle.

Good to note that both Sky and BBC now have reporters in position at the gates of Balmoral.

Presumably they are regarded as essential key workers, who have to be stationed at these gates, in the unlikely event of someone coming out to update them on Chucky's condition.

Meanwhile the nation awaits, simply agog at this exciting/devastating news.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Caught the tail end of a bit on 5 Live this morning where an ‘expert’ guest was suggesting the 80% wage subsidy is not universal but would only be available for employees who would otherwise have been made redundant.

That wasn’t my interpretation nor do I think it is the wider interpretation of employers.

Is this why so many companies have kept open, as they believed the 80% subsidy was for every worker? That would be ridiculous if an employer believed that was the case.

It's to allow companies to close / reduce the number of staff actively working and retain staff by not having to pay their salaries out of their own cash reserves, whilst ensuring the employee has a job to come back to once restrictions are lifted.