Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Well, that's our leaders just bottled it completely and "shut up shop" for a month meanwhile the dafties (such as myself) are ordered to continue on, as we're all expendable of course.

Obviously you'll be looking for new employment when this is finished. 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Not sure if this has been posted.   

Moron of the year award goes to...

A man who filmed himself licking a toilet bowl in the 'coronavirus challenge' is now reportedly ill in hospital with the deadly disease.

In bizarre footage posted on TikTok, the man can be seen placing his mouth around the bowl and extending his tongue.

According to Piers Morgan on GMB, the same man is now receiving treatment.

The presenter said: "You may remember also the other idiot, this is also in America, as part of the coronavirus challenge some morons are doing, went into  his local toilet cubicle and licked the bowl

He most likely has several ailments, Covid not being one of them.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

I reckon about half of our work force (that are still being made to come to the factory) have said they'll actively be looking for a new job when this is done due to the company stance. Obviously I don't believe for one second that half the work force will actually leave, but I'm not sure bosses understand the current feeling on the shop floor.

I've been thinking about moving jobs and possibly country in any case but I think all this has just given me a wee nudge along. If I had enough money to tide me over for the next 3-4 months I'd probably have handed in my notice yesterday.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I reckon about half of our work force (that are still being made to come to the factory) have said they'll actively be looking for a new job when this is done due to the company stance. Obviously I don't believe for one second that half the work force will actually leave, but I'm not sure bosses understand the current feeling on the shop floor.

I've been thinking about moving jobs and possibly country in any case but I think all this has just given me a wee nudge along. If I had enough money to tide me over for the next 3-4 months I'd probably have handed in my notice yesterday.

Everybody should be looking at how they're being treated during this crisis, no point moaning about it if you ain't going to take action. 

Hopefully key workers in certain companies will club together and try to compete against their employers in the future. 

9 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I think my post has misled right enough.

"Our leaders shutting up shop" wasn't aimed at my employer but at the Government, although as I've previously mentioned many of them have also "retired to their homes" to work leaving the rest of us in the office.

30 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

354682580_Screenshot_20200325-131817_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.4170878bf0b29bd3c7b2e005416822cc.jpg

Absolute bullshit.  I'm working in a Covid assessment hub and we arent testing patients who are actually fairly ill.

The blue blooded gimp is barely symptomatic yet gets tested, why?

Can he not isolate in his 100 room stately home.  Absolutely genuinely fucking furious about this.  Elitist piss and absolute lies about clinical need.

c***s.

He tested positive tbf

26 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

4 neighbours met up in my street about an hour ago and were chatting away for about 15 minutes. Then they all shook hands and went on their way.

I'd have grassed them in 🐍🐍🐍🐍

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

"Our leaders shutting up shop" wasn't aimed at my employer but at the Government, although as I've previously mentioned many of them have also "retired to their homes" to work leaving the rest of us in the office.

Just a bit, point still stands for those being treated like their lives and those of their families are expendable. 

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

What do you do? (Without dobbing yourself in)

34 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Sorry to hear that and we'll probably never know.

It has been mentioned on umpteen occasions that the Chinese had it as early as November and of course there were no restrictions of movement at that time and nobody had even hear of Coronavirus or Covid 19, so it would be very naive to think that it hadn't been spreading around the globe even before Christmas.

Well here's a thing. For a few weeks I had a bit of a cough, wheezy with tightness across the chest and lost most of my sense of taste and smell with the occasional slight dizzy spell.    Also slept a lot 10 or 11 hours per night..  No serious symptoms.  All gone now.

I just put it down to normal winter virusy things and have decided it was just that.       But who knows?  Maybe when it all blows over :),  anyone who has been poorly could get the antibody test just to see.

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Just a bit, point still stands for those being treated like their lives and those of their families are expendable. 

Yes, totally agree.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What do you do? (Without dobbing yourself in)

Financial reporting and Accounts within the Banking sector (hours of fun).

Most can be done at home but there's insufficient equipment at the moment.

When I was at Stephens the bakers last week they were using a plastic glove with a 4" hoop where the cuff was, they could quickly put it on with one hand, take your money and gave your change in a plastic tub.

Stephens have shut now as well!
The football I can just about cope with as I can always watch old games.
But not having Steak Bridies, it’s going to get tricky now!
[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

7 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

It's double standards and absolute bullshit.  Incidentally so is the testing of young fit footballers now I mention it.

They're making absolutely no effort to hide the fact that they're trying to safeguard anything or anyone that brings in more tax than your average punter in the street.

Whisky distilleries being considered to be 'essential' and being told to keep calm and carry on is a classic.