Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Any new numbers out for today?

Scotland
Italy
Spain
Uk?

I'm desperate here

I preferred the Jean Luc "damage report" that someone posted last week.

3 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

How come they found a testing kit for Charles Saxe-Coburg-Gotha and his equine paramour no problem, but ordinary, susceptible members of the public are being automatically filed in the "DNR" folder ??

Anybody that thinks that the royals (and the government at cabinet level) see the subservient general public as being equal on a human to human basis are simply deluded.

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Anybody that thinks that the royals (and the government at cabinet level) see the subservient general public as being equal on a human to human basis are simply deluded.

Well, that's our leaders just bottled it completely and "shut up shop" for a month meanwhile the dafties (such as myself) are ordered to continue on, as we're all expendable of course.

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

354682580_Screenshot_20200325-131817_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.4170878bf0b29bd3c7b2e005416822cc.jpg

Absolute bullshit.  I'm working in a Covid assessment hub and we arent testing patients who are actually fairly ill.

The blue blooded gimp is barely symptomatic yet gets tested, why?

Can he not isolate in his 100 room stately home.  Absolutely genuinely fucking furious about this.  Elitist piss and absolute lies about clinical need.

c***s.

There's a shock !!

Totally agree with you though, it's outrageous.

52 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I dont believe that this is true but I have noticed that half a dozen people I know lost elderly relatives. My uncle died from pneumonia last month. There was a massive outbreak of a bad flu in Seattle (I think) at the same time.

About 30 thousand people die from pneumonia in the UK each year, mostly elderly. This will carry on alongside deaths from Covid19.

Edited by welshbairn

Sorry to hear that and we'll probably never know.
It has been mentioned on umpteen occasions that the Chinese had it as early as November and of course there were no restrictions of movement at that time and nobody had even hear of Coronavirus or Covid 19, so it would be very naive to think that it hadn't been spreading around the globe even before Christmas.

For all the prominence of epidemiologist and the Imperial College now. They were warning about this and the spread in January and being universally ignored. Referenced way back near the start of this.

Also noted earlier on about the comment of Chinese doctors. Didn't have to be and unlikely a Chinese person could be as likely a foreigner returning for New Year or after. Although Wuhan isn't a well known city in the West it is a major manufacturing hub and will have its fair share of expats living and visiting business.

Anything from mid-January could well have been Covid-19. Anything before, the cold or flu.

For whatever the government are doing now and the prominence of these experts, the government wholly ignored them in January whilst acknowledging the reports and saying they were setting plans in place (circa 24th January/Priti Patel).

14 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Sorry to hear that and we'll probably never know.

It has been mentioned on umpteen occasions that the Chinese had it as early as November and of course there were no restrictions of movement at that time and nobody had even hear of Coronavirus or Covid 19, so it would be very naive to think that it hadn't been spreading around the globe even before Christmas.

By morons like yourself on no factual basis at all, sure.

What people don't seem to grasp is that there are fucking dozens of common or garden bugs that can cause respiratory disease - a major killer of the old and infirm every single winter - and they didn't down tools for 2019-20 just because coronavirus was coming a few weeks later.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The Scottish government is to give large subsidies to the fishing and seafood industries from the money that has been made available.

Why does this relatively small sector always seem to get disproportionate assistance?

0.5% of UK GDP, apparently.  Just behind farming...

Guest bernardblack

The shop near me has implemented a one way system throughout the aisles.

Folk standing there trying to figure it out. We are doomed

39 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Sorry to hear that but diheeriahohihay isn't a symptom of Covid, afaik.  

You've probably got something more serious.

No, just checked, about 50% Chinese sufferers had the shits.  😟

That might be a normal result of eating pangolin.