Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Even if we are flattening the covid curve, the rise in bell-ends from our office using the reply all function unnecessarily will result in a huge number of deaths once lockdown is over.

I'd make it a sackable offence to not know the difference between reply & reply all. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I find her music to be utterly diabolical and her to be quite odd looking. Despite being an obvious wid, she is ludicrously overrated on this.

ETA.

Come at me (and my man Dons_1988)

She must have a fanny like a washed wallet.

My own disease ridden existence update. Sure that I'm passed the worst of it, however I have f**k all energy and the sweating has returned although nowhere near as dramatically as before. Also quite dehydrated despite drinking loads. 

Didn't realise that GAGA had done so many tunes. 

3 minutes ago, LGF said:

The 250000 volunteers are for applicants in England only so far.  I'd look to volunteer as a driver or something if/when it opens for Scottish residents too

Oh okay, I defo think it’s something a lot of young and fit guys should look into as there will be no shortage of demand for manual work to help out here. 

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Tell me more about this "new virus" which has been infecting people for thousands of years?

I'm beginning to get the impression that Bing isn't a great patron of his local Chinese Restaurant or takeaway.

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not sure what your point is here. Clearly non-essential shops like PC World, Argos, Waterstones or whoever should shut down, but if corner shops and supermarkets closed then we'd all run out of food.

I'm assuming he's making the point that the politicians who are supposed to be "running the country" in a time of crisis DON'T deem themselves to be "critical" so they've closed down to protect THEMSELVES but at the same time they're EXPECTING the lowest paid in society to go and "do their duty" on the frontline.

Could be wrong, but that's what I'd take from it.

24 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not sure what your point is here. Clearly non-essential shops like PC World, Argos, Waterstones or whoever should shut down, but if corner shops and supermarkets closed then we'd all run out of food.

That's a fair leap from the paper shop to the supermarkets. So are the newsagents a critical service? The response has been pish everyone non critical should shut down. Building sites, hair salons, car showrooms, newsagents, factories not producing food medicine or other essential needs. The longer this half arsed approach goes on the longer I'm stuck in the house.

Edited by dirty dingus

35 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Made an online application for the £10k small business grant.

There’s a bit in the blurb saying I will need to declare it on my next company tax return.  I assume it will be treated as income and, therefore, if we do any better than break-even in the year, it  be clawed back in part as Corporation Tax.

The government giveth and the government taketh away... 

^^^One man Rioja party.

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

Oh okay, I defo think it’s something a lot of young and fit guys should look into as there will be no shortage of demand for manual work to help out here. 

stick an email into readyscotland@gov.scot

They normally deal with spontaneous volunteers

Covid 19 - bad.

London Underground - a joke, get that fcuking sorted if you’re telling me to stay at home, Boris you Tory w**k.

Abba’s ‘Voulez Vous’ - great.

Abba’s ‘Eagle’ - great.

That’s about all I have in my locker today. Not great, need a good pre-season in me.

Edited by pozbaird

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Woke up with a dose of the violent Earthas at 2.30am.  Started sweating like sjc in a Japanese school and thought this is it.

Have taken 3 Imodium. Currently on the sofa with a quilt. 

Will report back later.

Let's hope not.

Just now, Forest_Fifer said:
1 hour ago, The DA said:
I thought I was reading some spoof site there.  Covid-19 seems to meet every one of the bullets in the definition. 

Isnt it because it doesnt have a fatality rate anything like that of any of the other examples given?

But a much higher R0?  

Cars get a 6 month MOT exemption from March 30th.

MOT garage we use shutting after Friday for 2 weeks, so we're doing the same.

21 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Even if we are flattening the covid curve, the rise in bell-ends from our office using the reply all function unnecessarily will result in a huge number of deaths once lockdown is over.

We have similiar. We have 1 guy replies "Noted" to every company email that comes out