Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Sturgeon said unless you are making or doing something that directly effects the pandemic then stay at home?

Is that not correct?

Not according to the government advice.

We've got two different governments sending out different messages to the same people. Some are listening to one, and others are listening to the other.

6 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

So the place where laws and major decisions reguarding the path of the UK during a crisis is to shut down to protect the politicians yet they want idiots to go work on minimum wage in a shop so the old dears can get some sweeties and the daily express.

Totally outrageous.

I stand by my view that anyone expected to work right now should be given a Tax break. It's easy to implement and would at least go a little way to repay those out in the front line.

I thought I was reading some spoof site there.  Covid-19 seems to meet every one of the bullets in the definition. 
Seems like a classification thing.

We know enough about it now that it's just a bad strain rather than an unknown killer of all strain (where extra precautions have been taken).

The nhs have been using older ppe anyway so this probably won't make any difference.

5 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Sturgeon said unless you are making or doing something that directly effects the pandemic then stay at home?

Is that not correct?

Outwith "key workers".

The problem is there are so many definitions of key workers no one knows what the f**k is going on.

5 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Is that not correct?

The key word that both the UK government and Scottish government have used through this is "should". Saying "unless you are providing an essential service, you should stay home" is utterly useless. It's like telling an alcoholic he shouldn't have another pint, he knows it's probably true but fucked if he'll be listening. Businesses are alcoholics and the government have asked them to stop drinking pints rather than closing the bar.

Downgraded it so they don't have to supply PPE for NHS staff.

My wife is a nurse they've now been told that a mask, plastic apron and single pair of gloves is enough to treat patients with the virus. This is what they would normally use anyway bar the mask.

14 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Window cleaners and gardeners can go to work.

That’s essential.  

If my windows are dirty I won’t be able to see which neighbours go out for a second walk and grass them up to the polis.

31 minutes ago, The DA said:

I thought I was reading some spoof site there.  Covid-19 seems to meet every one of the bullets in the definition. 

Depends on what's the definition of "typically has a high case-fatality rate"  

It seems to fit all the others.

Edited by cyderspaceman
typo

Made an online application for the £10k small business grant.

There’s a bit in the blurb saying I will need to declare it on my next company tax return.  I assume it will be treated as income and, therefore, if we do any better than break-even in the year, it  be clawed back in part as Corporation Tax.

The government giveth and the government taketh away... 

Mate of mine is an accountant in London. and has been classified as a key worker and has to go in.
Mental.

I can see why they are regarded as essential with all the new salary regulations and whatnot, but you’d have thought they’d be able to work from home to a greater or lesser degree.

2 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I went to Holyrood Park yesterday evening.  It was a lovely walk. People were really good - making sure they maintained a good distance from each other and passing on the grass verges. Didn't go up Arthur's Seat but walked round . 

Some joggers running together were the only examples I saw that you could argue weren't in clear family groups and were too close. Might live together though, who knows.

All safe and following the social distancing guidelines perfectly. Was nice to see. 

If everyone in my area exercised within half a mile of our homes it would literally be congested streets, which would be absolutely fucking stupid versus a giant expanse of grass.

I think you're grossly overestimating the number of people who will actually be doing some exercise.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

California Girls. Fight me.

Birthday. An utter joy of a song.