Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I haven’t been following much of what’s happening with it in the States. What’s the main issue...aside from it’s Trump...and dumb yanks 

Trump is itching to open up for business as usual. 

Bad Romance obvs. Regrettably, Carly Rae Jepsen aside, the rest of P&B's discussion on the best female popstars of the 2010s leaves a lot to be desired. File Taylor Swift well below the likes of Janelle Monae, St Vincent, and Lana Del Rey.

51 minutes ago, Gaz said:

It's funny how you get used to wee things - at the school gym where I normally train there is a wee mark on the carpet where my left foot goes, and the shadow from the light above tells me when I've hit depth. Didn't have anything like that at home, so totally lost my balance. Luckily the spotter bars done their job.

According to work safety training I've done in the past, most accidents tend to occur when you're forced to do a task ever so slightly different to the way you're used to doing it.  Based on a couple of near misses myself, I can easily believe this. 

I bet you're just the tip of the iceberg this week and that physios are suddenly eyeing up their next car upgrade. 

Well this lockdown is a total joke ain't it.

I had to go to work as normal; my walk takes me through Holyrood Park and on the way home at the back of 6 it was legit the busiest I've seen it this year. Even c***s up Arthurs Seat. 

We need stricter measures...keep exercise to within a half mile of your home and force all non-essential businesses to close. I can't work from home but I still need to go to work preparing online orders of non-essential hobby items. Considering just not going in as it's clear from what Nicola said below that we need to close....no?

21 minutes ago, mwellhighland said:

Well this lockdown is a total joke ain't it.

I had to go to work as normal; my walk takes me through Holyrood Park and on the way home at the back of 6 it was legit the busiest I've seen it this year. Even c***s up Arthurs Seat. 

We need stricter measures...keep exercise to within a half mile of your home and force all non-essential businesses to close. I can't work from home but I still need to go to work preparing online orders of non-essential hobby items. Considering just not going in as it's clear from what Nicola said below that we need to close....no?

image.thumb.jpeg.7564090f8e3e99bbdb4e9b07da93d43b.jpeg

solution to social distancing and issuing out tells?

Can only comment on where I am, but garages are listed as "essential" on the government website so are allowed to stay open.
In Perth it's pretty mixed. Arnold Clark, Struans and Camerons are all closed, but independents are still open, and a couple of independent MOT garages are remaining open.
As of just now car MOTs are still required, so insurance companies would use that against you if you cant get a certificate and have an accident.

Aye, allegedly we’re essential here too.
I can see it for service but sales?
Certainly don’t need 10 of us, I’m just glad I’m done the training courses. (Was driving various WRX and WRX STI models today [emoji2])

Not the most apocalyptic scene anyone will have seen since the outbreak started but still pretty eery nonetheless. This is a queue of ambulances at Ninewells yesterday waiting to get into the infectious diseases ward as there are no beds available despite them taking over four orthopaedic wards and two theatres. Paramedics have been given masks with an expiry date of 2016 but they have been told they'll do the job. Apart from being short staffed already you'd imagine the staff will be dropping like flies if they're getting exposed to it every day without proper equipment. Bleak. IMG-20200325-WA0000.thumb.jpg.11a7d6e48f7ebf405c87253a6b6ee5cc.jpg

In other news, I would have given my left testicle to give Madonna her most disappointing 30 seconds of her life when she looked like this:

1040396153_images(60).jpeg.0b2fe0d1902ff2fc67f438aeab2af435.jpeg