Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I could waste my time arguing with you or I could just give you some evidence to back my view.

According to this survey, 2/3rds of workers like or love their jobs. But hey, maybe you are an expert in this field and know better:-

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2017/08/03/love-wage-balance-how-many-brits-their-job-and-the

....or maybe more accurately: 2/3rds of those who responded..

17 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

The wife of a man from Arizona who died after drinking fish tank cleaner, thinking it was a coronavirus treatment, has blamed President Trump for his death.The man and his wife, who is still under critical care, ingested chloroquine after mistaking it for hydroxychloroquine, a treatment Mr Trump has claimed could help with coronavirus.The man’s wife, who hasn’t revealed her name for privacy reasons, spoke to NBC about why they decided to ingest the cleaner, saying that "we were afraid we were getting sick. We were getting really worried.”  She said that the couple, who were both over 60 years old, had heard the president talk about the chemical in briefings and thought they had discovered it in their home when they saw the word chloroquine.

“I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, ‘hey, isn’t that the stuff they’re talking about on TV,” she said.

Well at least if the water supplies dry up, I've got a couple of bottles of hydrogen peroxide under the sink for an emergency. I mean water is hydrogen oxide so how far away can it really be?! 

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Well at least if the water supplies dry up, I've got a couple of bottles of hydrogen peroxide under the sink for an emergency. I mean water is hydrogen oxide so how far away can it really be?! 

H2O2. Just water and oxygen, two harmless chemicals. Wire in!

Actually, it can be used as a mouthwash if it's just the stuff out of the pharmacy.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I know. But I hadnt had that despite the rest, and now they are all gone and so has my taste. 

It might just be going through different stages. Hopefully it's now leaving your system. I know there is a lot of people talking of possibly having it but reading what you have been describing last few days, it definitely matches a lot of the symptoms. 

Try and get an antibody test once they come onto the market just to make sure. 

1 minute ago, cyderspaceman said:

H2O2. Just water and oxygen, two harmless chemicals. Wire in!

Actually, it can be used as a mouthwash if it's just the stuff out of the pharmacy.

Exactly. H2O is water so it stands to reason that H2O2 with it's extra one oxygen is like super water! 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyway, just as almost all my symptoms melted away today, I have lost my sense of taste and smell. Seeeeeeething.

Not to worry you, but my brother-in-law had a cold about 20 years ago and hasn't tasted anything since. There might be new treatments nowadays if you catch it early and are lucky enough to get a doctors appointment.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Exactly. H2O is water so it stands to reason that H2O2 with it's extra one oxygen is like super water! 

Send that to Trump, see if he uses it.

Just saw a ruddy faced man on the news wearing a poppy shouting about MPs drinking in subsidised bars and people coming across from "China n that" on flights. The personification of the UK.
It comes as absolutely no surprise to learn that apparently some people have taken to wearing a poppy year-round.

Well it looks like I'll be told to come back in after tomorrow because our management has managed to get guidance today.
Theres no way we can remain 2m apart and theres other factors that mean close contract. Probably all office workers will be allowed to stay home though. Have to decide once the hospitals are overwhelmed if it's really worth it.
My parents need prescriptions and they aren't getting delivered, that's really where my priorities lie. We are very arguably linked with an essential service but it's not life saving or needed at this point in time. We are also very cash rich and are throwing away over a million on construction at the facility so can easily afford to keep workers safe but I guess profits and customers come before us.
I'm willing to do my bit but not when its selective and when higher paid workers will probably be kept away.

7 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Seems to me Alert Mongoose is more deserving of the title 'dirty auld' rather than the former First Minister.

Nah, he's providing a service.