Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

Wish I owned a dial a booze business just now

Said this last week. You'd make an absolute fortune selling at just over cost price. The competition in Dundee is pub prices to your door. 

13 minutes ago, stuartsmfc said:

Haha someone from Inverclyde trying to talk about drug habits...your town is crawling with scumbags, crack and smackheads so give me peace!! I've not taken Ching since I was about 23. If you must know my partner works part time and we have young child, I know you won't have this issue as like the rest of your rotten town you're no doubt claiming off of us workers...tink...

Or robbing the 5% of decent folk down there 

'Bye Heid.

11 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

I got my emergency text this afternoon. :)

Snap, a bit more sobering when you're getting an individual telt by text. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As has been said, the new cases are dropping every day. Sadly deaths are rising, but it looks like self isolation, plus those deaths, is slowly killing the virus off there.

Tbf, we're worse off at the same stage than they were...

ET1FfF2X0AYKvdz.thumb.jpeg.09e664345b6074e2052f547ddc2f2503.jpeg

Spain the only Country worse than us by this stage.

Thought Eurovision was cancelled. Here I am though, still glued to the votes coming in.

27 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

New York looking for 30000 ventilators. That's a frighteningly high number. 

The UK trend ain't looking great but it's early days. 

Expecting to need 140,000 ICU beds in 14 to 21 days, currently have 50,000. Federal government currently offering 400 ventilators out of the 20,000 they have in storage, New York Governor's argument being that as they're ahead of the curve they should get them all first, then hand them on to California etc after their peak, and when California should be approaching theirs.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ordered some booze from Snappy Shopper (Not the greatest deal but thought I'd try it out).

Got hit with this:

Screenshot_20200324-175514_WhatsApp.jpg

I'd rather do without. 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Expecting to need 140,000 ICU beds in 14 to 21 days, currently have 50,000. Federal government currently offering 400 ventilators out of the 20,000 they have in storage, New York Governor's argument being that as they're ahead of the curve they should get them all first, then hand them on to California etc after their peak, and when California should be approaching theirs.

I'm not looking at the motives, just that we've 300 for a third of the population, even allowing for our more rural demographic it is still a high number

I’m still in a group chat with folk I used to work with, some of them are support workers, working with vulnerable people - most of them old and/or ill.

Two of them are talking about how they’ve had a bit of a temperature, developed a wee cough and haven’t been feeling too great. They’re still going to work.

I’m fucking furious. These people are a massive part of the problem.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I can see New York (and the states generally) being an absolute disaster zone due to having moronic leadership and a largely moronic population, however I'd think we also tick both these boxes and probably won't be too far behind them when all's said and done.

The way the press are buttering up Cuomo atm it won't be surprising if they try and get him in as Biden's replacement for November.

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Why so late? Have the UK guilted them into it? Don't they care about their people?

I think the Irish racing went off before the UK but then they u-turned and recommenced the same night they shut all the bookies here. 😅