Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Not sure if I have this virus or just the normal shitey flu but I do have something. Cracking sore head on and off for the last couple of days, sore all over, cough, done the hold breath test, can't get above 6 seconds, sore across chest area and difficulty breathing. Thing is there is no lasting fever,  plenty feeling hot/cold but no drenching in sweat type scenarios. Must just be a shitey wee cold, better man the f**k up then.
Sounds like youv got it tbh.

I still think folk for some reason are thinking themselves unlikely to catch this.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Not sure if I have this virus or just the normal shitey flu but I do have something. Cracking sore head on and off for the last couple of days, sore all over, cough, done the hold breath test, can't get above 6 seconds, sore across chest area and difficulty breathing. Thing is there is no lasting fever,  plenty feeling hot/cold but no drenching in sweat type scenarios. Must just be a shitey wee cold, better man the f**k up then.

Cocain cut with something dodgy?

12 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

‘Ahm here to serve notice, that youse cnuts have to shut up shop right now.’... some people are spending their time naming their favourite Madonna songs, I’m entertaining myself by finding out there’s an appropriate Nicola pic’ for all coronavirus related developments. Simple pleasures please simple folk. 🙂

E664B01C-B5DD-4E40-86C8-3EEA83B2E2F8.jpeg

This is a pet hate of mine, celebs rocking up to a building site and someone cant be arsed telling them that hard hats must not be worn at a jaunty angle.

My boss text me last night saying to go in today so we could prepare for closure. We've worked our arses off all day, rushing things through before the expected closure, I didn't even take a lunch because I had so much to do. They've just informed the whole factory that despite what we heard Boris and Nicola say last night, our business doesn't have to close. We're open tomorrow and people are expected in if they don't have the facility to work from home. To say I am fuming would be an understatement.

Where would the law stand on this issue? I mean, the government have definitely ordered people to stay home unless for essential things, my workplace provides circuit breakers so not an essential service (although we do have gear in hospitals, we don't have any current urgent orders for critical sites) and they are telling me I need to keep coming in. If I were to get the virus, could I sue my employer for forcing me to work against government advice?

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Sounds like youv got it tbh.

I still think folk for some reason are thinking themselves unlikely to catch this.

I might be disappointed if I don’t get it. The Mikel Arteta ‘fine after two days and now quaffing a bottle of Rioja’ version, not the burdening the NHS and kakking it version. Mind you, if I did kak it, can just imagine the ‘that’ll teach the cnut for picking up that bunker rake’ type of posts on here. I’ll come back and haunt ye’, just you wait.

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

You been watching St Johnston highlights?

First time poster long time reader.  Keep up the quality content in these troubling times!

Some breaking news..

Law Society of Scotland has put a hold on registering title deeds in the land register.  I was due to move into a new flat Friday which has currently been kaiboshed as the new title deed cannot be registered.

Also, just off the phone to ee. Apparently all broadband moves for all UK broadband companies need to go through a call centre in India due to common Bt infrastructure (India which is now on lockdown, nobody picking up the phone!). Earliest they anticipate being able to do new broadband connections/moves is now early June. 

Only virgin broadband is okay because apparently they have separate UK infrastructure?

Insignificant compared to the life an death stuff going on but interesting regardless

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

I might be disappointed if I don’t get it. The Mikel Arteta ‘fine after two days and now quaffing a bottle of Rioja’ version, not the burdening the NHS and kakking it version. Mind you, if I did kak it, can just imagine the ‘that’ll teach the cnut for picking up that bunker rake’ type of posts on here. I’ll come back and haunt ye’, just you wait.

Did your game suffer due to carrying that welter of guilt around the course with you. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

My boss text me last night saying to go in today so we could prepare for closure. We've worked our arses off all day, rushing things through before the expected closure, I didn't even take a lunch because I had so much to do. They've just informed the whole factory that despite what we heard Boris and Nicola say last night, our business doesn't have to close. We're open tomorrow and people are expected in if they don't have the facility to work from home. To say I am fuming would be an understatement.

Where would the law stand on this issue? I mean, the government have definitely ordered people to stay home unless for essential things, my workplace provides circuit breakers so not an essential service (although we do have gear in hospitals, we don't have any current urgent orders for critical sites) and they are telling me I need to keep coming in. If I were to get the virus, could I sue my employer for forcing me to work against government advice?

Sounds like there's a lot of this shit going on. Hopefully we don't need to wait seven days till people who caught it today start rocking up at ICU before the government realise their half arsed still asking nicely but with a stern voice and serious face on banter last night needs strengthening 

10 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

This does sound like you've got it, or maybe a chest infection. Given what's going on though, I reckon covid is more likely <\Dougie howser>

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Did your game suffer due to carrying that welter of guilt around the course with you. 

Nah, said in another post, couldn’t have cared less about the actual state of my golf game. Just went to to keep well away from anyone and to smack a few drives off. Sometimes just picked up after the second shot, never bothered putting. Was a couple of hours nice and quiet. Gave Mrs Poz a break from being stuck with me too. 🙂

Edited by pozbaird

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Other than certain specific business types (mainly retail) the government has not mandated closure of businesses.

They should have, but they haven’t.

Guest bernardblack

I’m being daft here so apologies
in advance.....

The 80% piece. Is that so my work would not have to let me go? Or 80% guaranteed wages should there be no work for me to do and go on “gardening leave” for a few months?

58 minutes ago, stuartsmfc said:

I know that but what I'm due - 80% of £725 = £580 and the c***s are paying me £480. Won't cover my bills and with the bullshit "take a mortgage holiday so we can shaft you with a higher interest rate" is a shambles 

How would £480 per week for a single earner 'not cover the bills'? Try giving your rampant ching habit a rest.

Edited by vikingTON

Guy who comes around our estate power washing wheelie bins after the weekly collection has just appeared. Not what I’d term an essential service. At least no-one has chapped my door for a while offering to power wash my driveway. Last time it was four Bulgarians in a Reliant Robin.

Edited by pozbaird