Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

There's a kind of racisty vibe to that.

Do you think Malaysian health officials don't have any qualifications or expertise? Do you think the Singaporean government's public criticism of the UK was made on the basis of some amateurs sitting around?

Education and experts exist outside the UK as well. It's very Brexit of you to assume they don't.

I was trying to be nice to you, but you can f**k right off now and go on ignore.

4 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I dont think its down to your employer to adapt the system to suit. You'll have had a P60 showing your full year earnings declared to HMRC (which obviously doesn't show all the wee cash jobs you boys do after skiving off early and then only working a half shift on a Saturday 😜)- I would have thought that was the golden bit of paper you need to find fairly sharpish...

I've got my p60 on an email...all I need to know is where I find the information that it's not up to them to dictate how much they pay me

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Eh? Irish horse racing is very well attended . 

But why is it still going ahead?

Not when they've banned spectators its not.

It's actually not as today's meeting at Clonmel is the last.

18 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I think I'd wait till the full time whistle before celebrating the result tbh mate. 

Correct, we've played 10 minutes so far, I'm scared to look at my calculator as the numbers are terrible, it's not easy to factor in for countries stronger/weaker approach either, we look like taking one of the weaker approaches, the make up of UK doesn’t help as Sturgeon' attempt to steer a slightly stronger course is getting drowned out by BBC's England centric approach. 

1 minute ago, stuartsmfc said:

I've got my p60 on an email...all I need to know is where I find the information that it's not up to them to dictate how much they pay me

Anyone who's PAYE will have no input as HMRC will work the figures automatically.

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Why so late? Have the UK guilted them into it? Don't they care about their people?

I'd doubt it, the UK wanted to carry on as well but that's where public opinion comes in even when they don't know the facts or understand anything about the industry or the risks etc.

From my VW dealer.

Following Boris Johnson’s announcement this evening directing everyone to stay at home, I am writing to inform you that we will be closing our businesses effective immediately, however some of our workshops will remain open to offer “Blue light”, emergency and breakdown only cover. This currently includes MOTs, as the government has not stated they will suspend MOT requirements.

2 minutes ago, stuartsmfc said:

Its still a bit vague on the employers page - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses#support-for-businesses-through-the-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme

but:

HMRC will reimburse 80% of furloughed workers wage costs, up to a cap of £2,500 per month. HMRC are working urgently to set up a system for reimbursement. Existing systems are not set up to facilitate payments to employers.

And its not a case of equality or unfairness to other sparkies in the gang - it is straight reimbursement of wage costs to the employer for having put you in the garden. I reckon either there's a load of you on all sorts of different wages that they can't be bothered doing the admin for or someone is already planning how to skim the system... 

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Heard it from the Sturgeon's mouth. 

‘Ahm here to serve notice, that youse cnuts have to shut up shop right now.’... some people are spending their time naming their favourite Madonna songs, I’m entertaining myself by finding out there’s an appropriate Nicola pic’ for all coronavirus related developments. Simple pleasures please simple folk. 🙂

E664B01C-B5DD-4E40-86C8-3EEA83B2E2F8.jpeg

Not sure if I have this virus or just the normal shitey flu but I do have something. Cracking sore head on and off for the last couple of days, sore all over, cough, done the hold breath test, can't get above 6 seconds, sore across chest area and difficulty breathing. Thing is there is no lasting fever,  plenty feeling hot/cold but no drenching in sweat type scenarios. Must just be a shitey wee cold, better man the f**k up then.

Not sure if I have this virus or just the normal shitey flu but I do have something. Cracking sore head on and off for the last couple of days, sore all over, cough, done the hold breath test, can't get above 6 seconds, sore across chest area and difficulty breathing. Thing is there is no lasting fever,  plenty feeling hot/cold but no drenching in sweat type scenarios. Must just be a shitey wee cold, better man the f**k up then.

Hold breath test is a load of utter shite.