Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

The fact remains though, I cannot help think that while serious, yes, this is going to be one huge over-estimation of how bad it is going to get in the UK.

The Y2K computing bug 20 years ago is now widely regarded as a crisis that never was.

In fact it was a very serious issue for a lot of companies and organisations that fortunately did take it seriously.

If this pandemic is handled well and a large number of deaths are averted then similarly in future years this will be seen as a fuss about nothing.

We are closing as of today once we have been in touch with everyone we need to.

The good news is that all the customers and suppliers we have spoken to are taking the same position, though a few of the self employed guys are understandably worried.

I spoke to the MD of one big company who says he has been threatened with contractual action by a customer if he doesn’t deliver goods to London tomorrow!

Watching BBC news there, talking about the emergency text message sent out by the UK Gov. Presenter said that the Government worked with the networks to get the text out as the emergency alert system that was meant to be installed 7 years ago never was.

That is the most British thing ever.

2 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:
16 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
3B5C5541-8C65-4272-8658-4D2A37945F69.thumb.jpeg.3b8a6c6fb589353b3b5c81945a2b9783.jpeg
62B4975D-87BE-44A4-BFD5-904270C42F6D.thumb.jpeg.c741b2da9069e9ea25ea3d48d049cfee.jpeg
“help with his free kicks”
Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

935FC295-9EFE-40F0-9DC6-F78F7C0A634D.jpeg.ccbf130eb08919259eb57f8c23cadadc.jpeg

Those Tobins up to no good as usual.

That one crossed my mind as well !!

1 minute ago, renton said:

Watching BBC news there, talking about the emergency text message sent out by the UK Gov. Presenter said that the Government worked with the networks to get the text out as the emergency alert system that was meant to be installed 7 years ago never was.

That is the most British thing ever.

Was there an emergency text message put out? I certainly never got one. 

Does sound about right, though. 

23 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Quite hard to give someone a pasting from two metres away tbh.

You could always use one of Michael Gove's golf clubs - he's not needing them.

On 22/03/2020 at 20:48, Granny Danger said:

Bump.

Simpler times.

I did say at this stage back in January, things have obviously progressed at an exponential rate since then. Key is in the wording, but glad you are doing some petty points scoring. The media have been complicit through all of this causes rushes on the supermarkets and feeding false information to the public causing fear and panic. Yes we should be fearful and taking every precaution, but their behaviour has been ridiculous. 
A prime example being the Scotsman running an article last week on what things you can easily hoard in your home with the tag line "We're not saying you should but if you wanted to" whilst supermarket supply chains has been pushed to the limits. 

10 minutes ago, get_the_subbies_on said:

Just seen 2 dog walkers outside my house and when they passed each other they were probably only 1.8m apart.
Disgusting behaviour. Is it 111 or 999 I should call to report these evil b*****ds?

That is the most disgusting thing I've ever hea... oh, walkers.

15 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Think it's pretty telling that BoJo couldn't do a live broadcast to announce what is effectively a lockdown. He said it's a lockdown in all but saying the word, but in all the live pressers he's an absolute shambles. 

In all fairness this is not his script at all.

Theresa May became PM but seldom got a chance to talk about anything other than Brexit. 

He thought he had side stepped that and instead would be talking about the fun and exciting future we were about to have even if he was just making it up as he went along.

This pandemic is not something he can ignore and he is having to do lots of things that are totally against his nature - just as big government intervention.

He looks utterly miserable.  😑

27 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

The Y2K computing bug 20 years ago is now widely regarded as a crisis that never was.

It only never was because of the preparation that went into it.  

Lesson not learned. 

Guest Moomintroll
Just been informed that my 500 bog rolls have just boarded a ship in Shenzhen, China. By May I'll have the cleanest arse in the Highlands!
My Somalian contacts await, Account Number, Mothers Maiden name etc.....