Coronavirus (COVID-19)

33 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The Essential list of shops to stay open

The Government has tonight outlined which stores can still welcome customers as the country goes into full lockdown to curb the coronavirus pandemic in an unprecedented high street shutdown.

• Supermarkets
  • Pharmacies
  • Newsagents
  • Pet shops
  • Hardware stores
  • Banks
  • Post Offices
  • Petrol stations

You can add Sports Direct to the list, Mike Ashley is some c**t.

26 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I am a small business owner.  We are one third way through work on someone’s house.  Am I being jumped up to say it must be finished.

I know other contractors who will have roofs off houses, walls half down, etc.  It’s not cut and dried.

I would be happy to close the doors as soon as it’s practical but would appreciate a clearer position by government.

How would you like them to pitch it?

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Grace Jones. In her 70s and still struggles to keep her top on.

Other than her and Madonna, I'm struggling to think of another pop star who has played an acting part in any James Bond film.

1 minute ago, bernardblack said:

Criminal that Music hasn’t been mentioned in the best Madonna songs, sub forum

Was gonna mention it as well. Evian Christ dropped a hard house remix of it at Primavera when I went and it was pure class.

13 minutes ago, smpar said:

I don’t get the “how will the police know if it’s my first, second or third jog of the day?” comments. Why is it that many people’s instant reaction to authoritative measure to be ‘how can I get around this one?’

It’s staggering to think of the number of people who will genuinely go out for a second walk, for no other reason than to ‘outwit’ the polis.

I don’t know Boris Johnson’s plan, but up here, Sturgeon has a team on immediate standby...

‘If wuh see yoo oot wae’ that dug fur a thurd time tha’ day, ure gettin’ shot like’.

EB655F05-A06D-4015-8097-F1EE37444293.jpeg

6 minutes ago, sophia said:

How would you like them to pitch it?

I would be happy for them to mandate that all unessential businesses must close as soon as it is practical for them to do so.  They have not done that.

Also an announcement at 8.30 in the evening is a bit mad.  Businesses will have employees travelling in tomorrow regardless.

ETA probably should be non essential

Edited by Granny Danger

6 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Other than her and Madonna, I'm struggling to think of another pop star who has played an acting part in any James Bond film.

I can see you're going to be P&B's resident Father Noel Furlong during the lockdown.