Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Yeah, but as I've said before, who defines "essential"?

There will be a lot of jumped-up small business owners convinced that their firm is absolutely crucial and won't be telling their staff not to come in.

I am a small business owner.  We are one third way through work on someone’s house.  Am I being jumped up to say it must be finished.

I know other contractors who will have roofs off houses, walls half down, etc.  It’s not cut and dried.

I would be happy to close the doors as soon as it’s practical but would appreciate a clearer position by government.

Death/Recovery stats in different countries are all over the place.

Iceland 51 recovered 1 death

France 2,200 recovered 860 deaths

UK 135 recovered 335 deaths

Italy 7,432 recovered 6,077 deaths

Germany 422 recovered 118 deaths

Netherlands 2 recovered 213 deaths

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Am I allowed to cut the grass tomorrow if it’s still dry?

I would imagine it would double up as your daily outdoor exercise, so no reason why not. Just don’t do it in a group of two or more, don’t get a non-family member in on it, and wash your hands for twenty seconds afterwards. I might wash the windows tomorrow. Decisions, decisions.

3 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Death/Recovery stats in different countries are all over the place.

Iceland 51 recovered 1 death

France 2,200 recovered 860 deaths

UK 135 recovered 335 deaths

Italy 7,432 recovered 6,077 deaths

Germany 422 recovered 118 deaths

Netherlands 2 recovered 213 deaths

Ha! Holland are shite!

Going to start doing cock push-ups every day.

By the time we're allowed out again there will be surely be loads of MILFs desperate for a good 20 second burst of sexual pleasure, and I need to be adequately prepared.

Edited by DA Baracus

14 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Do elderly parents count as vulnerable?

Depends on how much they need your help and/or contact. I'd stick to the 2 metres rule, hand washing and surface wiping/gloves. Brutal times.

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

People struggle with just how quickly exponential growth gets out of hand.

It's like the famous (in maths at least) question about whether you'd like to be given £1m for a whole month, or 1p on the first day of the month, 2p on the second day, 4p on the third and so on, with the amount doubling each day. Most people would take the first option, but in fact the second option would be worth roughly £21.5m in a month with 31 days.

It is like the one I posted earlier.  If you fold a piece of paper in two it will be twice as thick.  If you could do this again and again with the same piece of paper then after 103 times the thickness of the paper is greater than the size of the universe.

I would imagine it would double up as your daily outdoor exercise, so no reason why not. Just don’t do it in a group of two or more, don’t get a non-family member in on it, and wash your hands for twenty seconds afterwards. I might wash the windows tomorrow. Decisions, decisions.

Any suggestions of songs to start while washing my hands so I know how long 20 seconds is? Happy birthday x2 is useful I’ve heard.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I am a small business owner.  We are one third way through work on someone’s house.  Am I being jumped up to say it must be finished.

I know other contractors who will have roofs off houses, walls half down, etc.  It’s not cut and dried.

I would be happy to close the doors as soon as it’s practical but would appreciate a clearer position by government.

If it's the same as here, then common sense will apply. You'll need to get the place watertight, all plumbing working, no big holes in floors etc. Painting, papering, non-functional shit can be left til later.