Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

In Italy and Spain, as far as I'm aware DIY shops remained open for essential items (tools, replacement showers and the like) but not for garden equipment, wallpaper etc. Vets stayed open in both I'm pretty sure.

She was going on about a pressure washer earlier. Please tell me they are now contrband.

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

In Italy and Spain, as far as I'm aware DIY shops remained open for essential items (tools, replacement showers and the like) but not for garden equipment, wallpaper etc. Vets stayed open in both I'm pretty sure.

Vets will be staying open but for emergencies and essential appointments only, I believe.

41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
44 minutes ago, madwullie said:
On Hamilton news stand, some.lazsie posted So is this lock down? I'd say about 10% of people responding answered no, mainly because he didn't use the word lock down. 
I don't like to be a snob or anything but some folk are just really really fucking thick emoji2357.png 

I should really take a note of these idiots at this time in case I get terminal cancer, at which point I could go around and stab these c***s.

That's my plan! We could team up. 2 metres apart, of course.

42 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Only 122 P&B members on this thread.

Rangers getting pumped still more box office by about 4 to 1.

Are they dead again yet? 👀👀👀

The Tories, Labour, the SNP, the DUP and Sinn Fein. The Chief Medical Officers of all four administrations. The Chief Scientific Adviser and Scotland's National Clinical Director. They're all in the pocket of Cummings, are they? He's a pantomime villain here.
Haven't you noticed that all four administrations have followed the same policies at almost exactly the same times, and used the same language when they do so? Cobra is not in charge of Scotland, SGoRR has that role here. Devolution is a real thing.
Responses to a flu pandemic have been extensively modelled and prepared for since 2009. This includes regular exercises. But a contingency plan only sets up the command structures, the logistics and gets you through the first few days. After that you have to react to events.
The so-called herd immunity plan was based on sound epidemiological data at the time. They thought, given the known R0 and mortality rate, they could let it work through the population while protecting the vulnerable, without massive economic carnage. What they hadn't realised until the Imperial College paper was how many people would become ill enough to need ICU care before recovering - that was going to overwhelm the NHS no matter what.
It's far, far, far too early to say which countries have got this right or wrong. Epidemiologists say it's very likely there will be further waves of Covid-19. Imperial College concluded that the suppression model would take 18 months of restriction being on for two-thirds of the time to be effective. We're not even at the end of the beginning.
People have created the narrative that the government have made a mess of this because that's what they want to believe is true. 

Sturgeon even said she was acting as part of a government of national unity, and that she fully supported the moves based on the medical advice, which she wasn’t going to double guess.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Vets will be staying open but for emergencies and essential appointments only, I believe.

Pets cant tell you when they're ill, it's usually when you notice something is fucked up with them so this will be most of the time.

Assuming takeaways are classed as “essential”? Mrs Monkman and her colleagues this past week have had a chippy, Black Rooster, Piece and bread meats bread, all free of charge as a result of working for the NHS. I’m sure she’s got a few more freebies on the list to utilise, so will no doubt be devastated to learn of any closures.

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

Assuming takeaways are classed as “essential”? Mrs Monkman and her colleagues this week have had a chippy, Black Rooster, Piece and bread meats bread, all free of charge as a result of working for the NHS. I’m sure she’s got a few more freebies on the list to utilise, so will no doubt be devastated to learn of closure.

The best chip shop in Kirkcaldy is closing.

21 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I can just imagine all the slimy managers contacting lawyers and hr to ensure that the essential workers come in to make them money while they f**k about at home.

Well one bonus of being threatened and bullied for years is that I’ve saved like f**k and if it gets that the hospitals are overrun I’m just putting in for constructive dismissal on the grounds it isn’t safe to work anymore.

Im hoping my company does the right thing but already America has come out and said they will stay open as they’re essential. Not sure if that applies to us as there’s f**k all guidance from anyone and hr have been totally silent.

No job is worth putting your life at risk. f**k this.

What is it you do?

If you don’t mind putting it out on a public forum.