Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Cheers to all those wankers who treated the last few days like it was a fucking Bank Holiday weekend.

We might thank these wankers for accelerating a sensible announcement 

Guest bernardblack
In practical terms, how is this any different to an hour ago? Nothing has changed in practical terms.

Only difference is that all your non food/medicine shops are shut?

Been offshore for almost 3 weeks, home Thursday and I’ve genuinely no idea what to expect. It all feels very surreal seeing all this unravel on the news and speaking to family. Everything was pretty much “normal” when I left, although we knew what was coming.

26 minutes ago, supermik said:

Just a little bit of perspective here. Weekly deaths reported in England and Wales this year.

DCA39B40-E199-4866-A0BF-A0774E48727B.png

Around 170 people die each day in Scotland at this time of year, declining a little as the weather improves. That's about 33 per million.

If we get to the state of Lombardy, deaths will be double the usual rate, which will presumably be very difficult to manage. We peak at about 230 deaths per day in the second week of January.

But worth bearing in mind - Lombardy is 17% of the population of Italy, but has 62% of the deaths. And we don't know if they're at the top yet.

1 minute ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Cheers to all those wankers who treated the last few days like it was a fucking Bank Holiday weekend.

Because people wouldn't sit in the house you now have to sit in the house?

The streets are going to be full of people walking/running around.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Looking forward to seeing all the park wankers getting battered by the fuzz this weekend.

That’s one of your two allocated Kenneth Williams gifs used up. Tread carefully!

In practical terms, how is this any different to an hour ago? Nothing has changed in practical terms.

Police have the power to buckle people who aren’t following the guidelines. It’s a really hard job for them, if the big problem was just dicks drinking cans in the park then there wouldn’t be a problem. They are going to have to deal with people with mental health difficulties, dementia etc.

My mother in laws partner is a worry. He isn’t taking it seriously and is going out for his paper every day. I think police might find themselves dealing with a lot of dementia patients.

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

As long as only one friend helps you out, or multiple family members should they live with you.

As you know, I live alone, so that rules all that out.

1 minute ago, Angusfifer said:

We might thank these wankers for accelerating a sensible announcement 

It’s not sensible( it doesn’t go nearly far enough.

I deal with various manufacturers (yes they still exist).  People still travelling to work, people still working in close proximity to each other.  Building sites still working.

Not nearly far enough.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Police have the power to buckle people who aren’t following the guidelines. It’s a really hard job for them, if the big problem was just dicks drinking cans in the park then there wouldn’t be a problem. They are going to have to deal with people with mental health difficulties, dementia etc.

My mother in laws partner is a worry. He isn’t taking it seriously and is going out for his paper every day. I think police might find themselves dealing with a lot of dementia patients.

I trust the polis to enforce this accurately, fairly and with zero prejudices.