10 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

people suck

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Only in twos in Belgium from now on.

3 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

And never in virginton's house.

Image result for francis urquhart gif

5 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Well I have no idea if my work is or not. No communication from them either.

Same.

I wouldnt say my work is "essential", yet we've got ~50/60 peoples cars to sort this week, so almost no chance all that work is getting turned away by the sounds of things when I went in today.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Might have had input from her.

The 4 CMOs have been in constant contact and have presumably agreed a line earlier in the day.

The extent to which the four UK administrations and the five different parties leading them have been in total agreement here is remarkable. The UK government have no power to enforce this in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, but all have clearly agreed. 

18 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

The key workers thing is correct, as is keeping trains running. Problem is they haven’t even defined key workers yet so until a business is told to shut down they won’t. End result, jam packed trains today.

Id expect this response from a third world country. I’d wager we have paid experts who study and have planed for such an event. Surely outbreaks would be put on a scale and plans drawn up to deal with each type of event. Even if it was a small localised outbreak like Ebola there should have been travel bans and testing put in place. China didn’t lockdown millions for a laugh, it was a major event months back and still we continued on as if nothing was wrong. Our response has arguably been the worst of any western nation.

The herd immunity and immediate u-turn says to me that they weren’t following any scientific advice of note and had schemed up some bizarre advice that went against WHO guidelines plus what you saw happening in China, Italy and Iran.

I would have thought that cobra or high level meetings would have input from the very best scientists in the uk rather than political advisers and also there would be a voting system in place where you must follow facts and evidence and show no political bias.

It seems like this Cummings p***k has had too much of a say.

You should read the reddit thread dorlomin posted a page or so back. Very informative and illuminating. 

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

If this is a regular prescription you should ask for it to be delivered to your Mum's address.

Your doctor should or would have advised you to do this.

Get it done pronto

I did manage to get it eventually.  The chemist was open from 3.30 - 5.00pm.  They were only letting four people in at a time and locking the door.

Had to wait a while in a queue.  People don't seem to know what a 6 feet radius is.  Lots of people standing together in groups.  Even people standing apart where probably only half the recommended distance.

I'll see about prescription delivery but I seem to remember one of my elderly neighbours telling me you had to pay for it.  Is that the case? 

If chemists are going to be closed most of the day then they are going to have to come up with an alternative system.  You can't have people queuing between extremely restricted hours.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

Looks like people were overwhelmed by their own shopping or simply couldn't be arsed turning this food into something that could be stored away in a freezer for future use.

Given the pattern of what folk were panic buying at first (pasta and tinned goods) then it's no surprise that many folk are lazy flanges who either can't cook or can't be arsed.

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

What a lot of nonsense. There's no way on earth this can be enforced.

Aye, the massive cuts to the police over the years have always been a bad idea but now look even more stupid and short sighted.

Guest Moomintroll
What a lot of nonsense. There's no way on earth this can be enforced.

The Police being empowered to enforce it would suggest otherwise, the presence on the streets of Liverpool would suggest they are ready to go heavy handed here.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

As close to a lockdown without being a lockdown.

If the arseholes don't listen now they can have no complaint if lockdown is brought in.

It’s ineffective pish.  Ongoing problems lie totally at the door of the government(s).

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

There isnt enough resilience to enforce it mate, wont happen.

There aren't enough bodies to enforce it. The police cuts have seen to that.