Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

Fortunately we have extensive experience of you offering up square goes, so you'd be easily dealt with at least.

We’ll have to drop “bring yer maw” as they’ll all be self isolating.

4 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Looking forward to the effect lockdown has on this thread. If P&B was an in-person thing we would've had deaths already, it's only going to get worse

It’ll be fine. It’s a good place. We have differing views on certain things, but that’s fine. In five or six weeks though.... 🙂

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Will find out at 8.30. Maybe they’ll give out new advice tomorrow. It changes every day. If I was on here boasting that me and ten of my mates had a lock-in at a Paisley boozer, maybe some of the folk on here giving me grief would have a point. I am perfectly happy with my personal behaviour over recent days. Certainly better than Fat Alex and the gang of photographers, or the Health Minister himself.

On a personal level, you do what you're comfortable with, I don't agree with it due to the arseholes but I don't see the point in harping on. 

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Boris said literally yesterday to get out and exercise responsibly.

He said on Friday that he was going to visit his maw on mother's day. Within 24 hours they realised that was a bad idea and backtracked.

UK government policy has been a laughing stock around the world on this. We won't see the full impact for a fortnight but it's not going to be pretty.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I am almost all for the lockdown, but the idea that I cant go out for a run or on my bike for a number of months is giving me serious cause for concern.

People really are c***s though and that cant really be said enough times.

I have heard of some utter cuntish behaviour even within my own family.

Anyway, they are going to have to deliver absolutely crystal clear guidance on any lockdown scenario on who can do what.

Heysir, I thought you were deid? There was a card and a collection and a'thing. 

9 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Looking forward to the effect lockdown has on this thread. If P&B was an in-person thing we would've had deaths already, it's only going to get worse

I'd bet the death rate would be a lot higher than 14.

Just now, ayrmad said:

On a personal level, you do what you're comfortable with, I don't agree with it due to the arseholes but I don't see the point in harping on. 

Fair do’s. Tomorrow is another day, and I’ll do my best whatever the news at 8.30 is. Promise. 🙂

Boris said literally yesterday to get out and exercise responsibly.
Boris also said on the 3rd of March that he had shook hands with coronavirus patients and on the 5th of March he thought it would be best to take it on the chin.

He literally doesn't have clue about responsibility.

How many times do posters have to be told no-one is suggesting doing something like organising a game of football?
My example here is a take on a news reporter I listened to yesterday. Boris says take outdoor activities but be responsible. Reporter :-
" so you can go out to a park and play football?"

"I would advise going outside for your health and wellbeing but please be responsible in adherence to all guidelines given"

" so if everybody stayed apart and kicked the ball long distances to each other it would be OK?"

" as long as it was done responsibly and within present guidelines then yes"

"so you're saying it's OK for people to go down the park and play football?"

My point being that we have all been told the guidelines to work within yet people still want to push boundaries or twist words to feel justified in doing what they want to do.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

He said on Friday that he was going to visit his maw on mother's day. Within 24 hours they realised that was a bad idea and backtracked.

UK government policy has been a laughing stock around the world on this. We won't see the full impact for a fortnight but it's not going to be pretty.

The poster was talking about people  not following simple instructions, and in the meantime making up that folk on here were going for a game of football in parks.

All the official advice has been to get out safely.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

To be fair our Public Health professor said the same. He was also visiting his maw so boris wasn't out of step with advice.

Though I suspect Prof Leitch took better hand washing routines with him. 

The advice we have been given is to take regular exercise outdoors  . The slight flaw in your post. 
But my point is that if you have listened to advice and you only have the intention of following it and will be responsible in what you do then you don't need to ask the question because you know its OK.