Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It has aye. I thought it would be fairly obvious I was talking about the contagious virus that is currently sweeping the world and named in the thread title, but at least 3 of you have tried to act the smart arse so I suppose that was naive of me.

I deleted my post. You're too quick. Are you stuck at home with nothing to do?:)

31 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Things are very likely to get pretty serious in London hospitals in the next few days.

Seems the  UK built its response on a faulty assumption of the transmission rate of this disease so wasted a few weeks in delaying more serious shut downs. But everyone is blaming a people in parks over the weekend rather than the slow response from Westminister. 

On the other hand, Norway seems to only have linear growth at the moment. They have a reasonable chance of turning the corner. Germany also seems to think they are getting on top of the rate of growth. 

Good luck. 

Germany has a better healthcare system than the NHS.

All we have is 1966 and 2 World Wars.

9 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

If they give advance warning of a lockdown, the arseholes are just going to take the chance for a last party.  Just announce it - we all know it's coming anyway. 

If it's a "London only" lockdown it will just flush them all out to other parts of the country and spread the virus like there's no tomorrow.

You'd think Dom and Boris would have thought about that though

Wouldn't you ?????

13 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Girl in my building that works for the government is moving back home for a while.  reckons London will be on lockdown in 2-3 days time, rest of the UK at the end of the week.

If London lockdown is in 2 or 3 days, they'll need to announce it tonight, based on other countries 

Just now, WATTOO said:

If it's a "London only" lockdown it will just flush them all out to other parts of the country and spread the virus like there's no tomorrow.

You'd think Dom and Boris would have thought about that though

Wouldn't you ?????

That will happen whether it is a  London lockdown, or a countrywide one. Trains full of people left Paris after the France one. The lockdowns might well be a bad idea.

Surely to Christ this'll be lockdown now? The UK is full of selfish, entitled arseholes and it's an indictment of the government that they actually believed that the minions would follow their masters.

21 minutes ago, Terry Singh said:

Now queues at McDonalds as fowk try to get their hands on a last Big Mac meal. Polis involved.  Humanity doesn't deserve to survive this.

Imagine going for a Happy Meal and getting arrested.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

They actually do advise you to wear gloves when getting petrol because there is potential for the virus to spread there. As for the rest of you're snowflake style nonsense, obviously it's impossible to not touch things, it's about limiting the number of things you touch or go near. But keep making it out as if we're suggesting everyone gets chained up to their bed if it makes you feel better.

I took the many comments along the lines of ‘just do not go out at all’ as pretty much that - chain yourself to your bed. Look, I am far from being in the ‘fcuk everyone I’m going to the pub, fcuk youse all’ category. Most of my days are spent in the house, posting on here, reading a book, playing on my PS4. I choose to go out for a bit daily, I choose where to go as carefully as possible. I am not apologising for doing this. We are all entitled to our opinion, but you can take your ‘snowflake’ type of patter to fcuk please.