Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Don’t think I’ve ever lived through a weirder period than this, and I’ve been around for nearly sixty years now. Today just didn’t feel like a Sunday. Yesterday definitely didn’t feel like a Saturday. The days feel the same - another coronavirus dominated day. It’s like the period between Christmas and New Year, but not in a temporary, it’ll be back to normal by January 2nd way.

Some bugger has finally granted Roy Wood his wish...

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

That does strike me as a rather negative headline.

Could we be seeing Italy's lockdown paying dividends?

_111389642_daily_italy_coronavirus_deaths_hist_jh22mar-nc.png

From other places around the world, lockdowns seem to be taking between 14-20 days to have any effect on lowering numbers of deaths so this is a promising, if still tragic, sign.

And also why it was so important for Scotland to get it's collective finger out a week or 2 ago. Unfortunately when the shit hits the fans big time, you're going to have to sit through almost 3 weeks of devastation before even the slightest glimmer of hope appears. 

6 hours ago, jakedee said:

Did they not reverse that after the Govt. said it would pay 80% of their wages?

No. They said they'd stay open in the face of adversity. The government recommending that pubs and restuarants close made them do a U turn and pay everybody off. 

Soft lock down in Bangkok and adjacent provinces happened on  Saturday (more or less what Scotland is doing)

Sunday bus station

c1_1884190_200323061023.jpg

Buckle our belts the people are coming home with the virus.

14 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Soft lock down in Bangkok and adjacent provinces happened on  Saturday (more or less what Scotland is doing)

Sunday bus station

c1_1884190_200323061023.jpg

Buckle our belts the people are coming home with the virus.

Got told some governmet official was going round the villages the other day saying no cases in Chaiyaphum, that wil be out the windae then. Are the resort areas doing any business Slippy? Seen that tourists are to have a letter from health professional showing clear of covid19 and insurance for treatment if you catch it...

10 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Got told some governmet official was going round the villages the other day saying no cases in Chaiyaphum, that wil be out the windae then. Are the resort areas doing any business Slippy? Seen that tourists are to have a letter from health professional showing clear of covid19 and insurance for treatment if you catch it...

I was in Bangkok last week with my son, returned on Saturday.  Local Government was at my door that night telling me I had to be tested for Covid19 at the local health clinic, put a panic into my family.  Went to the clinic on opening time 08:00 today (Monday), to stand outside and shout into the place as I couldn't see anyone, nurse walks out and asks why I was there.  Told her I was sent by the local government office from my village (about 500 people).  She said no such thing is in place and you have been sent here for no reason apart from scaremongering and ignorance.  She took our temperatures and told to go home, gave us a big A4 sheet with all the intructions in Thai what to do & told me to give to all my family and anyone else that comes to your house.  When I got home I called the police and informed them what has happened.   As the only foreigner within about 25 miles (Singburi town), looks like the villagers were starting a lynch mob and steering up a little racist fear  within the camp.  I'm sure i can deal with it, but not my kids.

As for business in the tourist spots, it close to nothing now and nobody is/can arrive. 

As for the photo in my last post, I was not having a dig at these people.  If you think of everything shutting down, people have to eat and pay rent same as everyone else.  They have no money and eating your own shite is going to start once that little money you have left is gone. 

Ask yourself the question, I have enough money left to get back home (countryside provinces) or stay here.  I would be getting that bus too.  Sad times lay ahead for everyone. 

6 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

I was in Bangkok last week with my son, returned on Saturday.  Local Government was at my door that night telling me I had to be tested for Covid19 at the local health clinic, put a panic into my family.  Went to the clinic on opening time 08:00 today (Monday), to stand outside and shout into the place as I couldn't see anyone, nurse walks out and asks why I was there.  Told her I was sent by the local government office from my village (about 500 people).  She said no such thing is in place and you have been sent here for no reason apart from scaremongering and ignorance.  She took our temperatures and told to go home, gave us a big A4 sheet with all the intructions in Thai what to do & told me to give to all my family and anyone else that comes to your house.  When I got home I called the police and informed them what has happened.   As the only foreigner within about 25 miles (Singburi town), looks like the villagers were starting a lynch mob and steering up a little racist fear  within the camp.  I'm sure i can deal with it, but not my kids.

As for business in the tourist spots, it close to nothing now and nobody is/can arrive. 

As for the photo in my last post, I was not having a dig at these people.  If you think of everything shutting down, people have to eat and pay rent same as everyone else.  They have no money and eating your own shite is going to start once that little money you have left is gone. 

Ask yourself the question, I have enough money left to get back home (countryside provinces) or stay here.  I would be getting that bus too.  Sad times lay ahead for everyone. 

Mo Chit is a circus 24/7, no surprize it's heaving.  Had heard many people were heading back North, hopefully the severe heat will keep the virus at bay. I'm due back out in November so fingers crossed by then it will be finished with. 

18 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Mo Chit is a circus 24/7, no surprize it's heaving.  Had heard many people were heading back North, hopefully the severe heat will keep the virus at bay. I'm due back out in November so fingers crossed by then it will be finished with. 

Dr Prasit estimated the Covid-19 outbreak would continue in Thailand for about nine months.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1884640/stay-home-or-share-italys-covid-experience

2 hours ago, Dele said:

No. They said they'd stay open in the face of adversity. The government recommending that pubs and restuarants close made them do a U turn and pay everybody off. 

CDBDD0CB-7F1A-4FEE-BA5B-5B79845B9F20.jpeg.76bc3e53e383ad1ab4f120c7b9d57d1d.jpeg

Looks like they reinstated anybody who didn’t find work elsewhere on Saturday morning

8 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

The deaths being caused by Covid are i agree regrettable but the worst aspect of this crisis is people sending me Janey Godley's 'comedy'

And Nicola Sturgeon endorsing it seen my opinion of her go right down.

@CountyFan

I know there are others here who also drink in the station, but you have the honour of being the only one I remember, they are punting all their ales for 4 pound a litre, if you take any sort of sealable container down they will fill that shit up. 

Edited by Bairnardo

If you drop off in FV give me a shout and will get you a coffee.
I'm having a few beers tonight to distract myself from tomorrow.  Apparently we're good to go with the assessment hub.
Can't say I'm not a tad apprehensive especially when you see the story about a 36 year old nurse on a ventilator with no pre existing health issues.  
I'm a 40 something stallion with a slight alcohol issue and dodgy calves so should be ok.  Hopefully the PPE is better than the pish they supplied for the practice last week.
Stay safe everyone and adhere to the advice.

I assume that p&b members can drop into the hub at any time and get tested.

I suggest we use a password " and bring yer maw"

Thanks for agreeing to that.