Coronavirus (COVID-19)

35 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

This is really going to sound like birthday caird pish, but anyway - with everything that’s going on, typing away on here and chewing the fat with you guys is genuinely theraputic and helpful. Even if we don’t all agree on everything.

There. Said it. Birthday caird pish. 🙂

Image result for still game gif

In other good news, after years of being pish, I’m getting good at Gran Turismo and F1 2019 on the PS4. Even better is The Golf Club 2019 on the PS4, where not only am I now shooting lower scores, but the last course I designed myself has had 967 plays. ‘Mon the coronavirus.

I rented Gran Turismo on the PS2 and I was so shite that I couldn’t even get my driving licence to start playing the game proper and had to take it back and beg for a swap off Blockbuster. Never taken a driving lesson in my life after taking that L.

So when will non essential workers get proper protection?
You can’t congregate outside but it’s ok to do so at work? If hospitals get overrun then it’s out of order to ask anyone to do any non essential job.
Aye, our work is still open and I can't work from home as all the machinery is in the workshop. Our gaffer seems adamant that it won't be shutting but I can see the decision being taken out of their hands.

2 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
17 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
So when will non essential workers get proper protection?
You can’t congregate outside but it’s ok to do so at work? If hospitals get overrun then it’s out of order to ask anyone to do any non essential job.

Aye, our work is still open and I can't work from home as all the machinery is in the workshop. Our gaffer seems adamant that it won't be shutting but I can see the decision being taken out of their hands.

Yeah, I hope so. Profits and keeping on going is fine but it’s not safe soon.

19 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

As of right now, I am back into the office in the morning. Can't wait, phones will be red hot with people wanting to buy new stuff from me. They won't. Honestly, what's the point? I would rather be out delivering prescriptions to the vulnerable in my town or something. So frustrated tonight.

That was my intention with regard to prescriptions, have a fantastic chemist in Tar b, unfortunately I'm in for 12 weeks, my kids and grandkids have already had enough grief to last a life time.

At 53,I am the auld codger in their lives. 

Edited by ayrmad

I rented Gran Turismo on the PS2 and I was so shite that I couldn’t even get my driving licence to start playing the game proper and had to take it back and beg for a swap off Blockbuster. Never taken a driving lesson in my life after taking that L.

Unrelated but do you still work in a bookies? Are they still open, there can’t be anything to bet on at the moment.

13 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Well done, the general public needs to push for change at all levels after this shitstorm is over. 

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Unrelated but do you still work in a bookies? Are they still open, there can’t be anything to bet on at the moment.

Pretty sure they’ve all been shut down as they are considered social spaces.

bet (haha get it) that they are still taking in silly amounts online from idiots who just want to gamble and don’t care on what, 

33 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I have had a few emails and texts from bookies saying they've "got you covered" with virtual horse racing. Absolute parasites.

Does anyone know if the Scottish nhs will be doing the same as the english nhs with vulnerable people?

I'm getting food and supplies to my parents but I dont know about tablets and medicine.
I believe so. Council workers in offices etc. were asked at the weekend which job they'd do to help and one was "driver delivering packages to vulnerable people in the council area" or something.

1 hour ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

Off topic but are there any good free games for a tablet, up to date on curb your enthusiasm and netflix is too much scrolling not enough watching. Holed up in a b & b with no telly. Strategy games that don't require you to skin yourself for add ons

Call of duty ..it's free .very good