Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I have seen my drops go from 135 last week to 82 on friday,the traffic into Glasgow has been great though.

Not really surprising is it?

Even before we get to total lockdown there is going to be massive reduction in activity as the weeks go on.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

My partners shop is now shut indefinitely and I will likely be working from home for the foreseeable. 

However, my stepdaughter works 12 hour shifts in a private non NHS care home but is currently in self isolation due to showing a couple of symptoms. 

In the event of a lockdown, once she is  fine to return to work, would she be able to bring her 7 year old daughter up to us to watch through the day while she works and then collect her and take her home at night? 

She also has two wee house cats who are at home all day. The routine when she works is that my Mrs generally goes and gives them food about 3pm (as stepdaughter works 8am to 8pm). Would this also be permitted as she'd have zero human interaction and the house is about a quarter mile drive away?

Obs I don't know what rules might be set in the event of a UK lockdown but here in France (as I've already said, sorry) we must stay at home except for certain reasons. 

Feeding someone's pet is included.  As are other things, it's a commonsense thing. (mostly) You have to tick the relevant box in the official form which you take with you and carry out your duties without hesitation, repitition or fannying about doing something else. The fine, if you're caught, is 135 euro. 

I spent most of Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, stuck inside watching the pissing, really pissing rain and I am now trying to regain a wee bit of fitness by going for a walk every day.

I was wheezing so much at first I thought I might have caught the f'n virus. I'm walking in the countryside, hardly see anyone, I'm allowed to do it and will continue.

I won't be going to any social gatherings, they are forbidden anyway.   

The idiots in the UK are not going to stop, you will get lockdown. (unless, by some miracle, the cases suddenly dwindle. Aye, right.)

Good luck all.

54 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I don’t see the problem with the Richmond photo, if the people in it are keeping apart, washing their hands per’ the advice, not spreading their snot everywhere, and in short, heeding all the advice, including if they suffer any symptoms,, self-isolate per’ the advice. Looks like people out exercising. The New York photo would never have any amount of cyclists or joggers in it at the best of times. A million tourists, taxi cabs, and locals dressed as cartoon superheroes trying to get a buck from tourists for a photo. Wonder if the thousands of folk usually in Times Square are all being good coronavirus citizens wherever they are. Maybees aye, maybees naw. Comparing those two photos is fcuking nonsense. Maybe Central Park looks more like that Richmond photo.

Parts of that video are ok, but parts really aren't. People need to think about surfaces now. All those table-tops, chairs, benches, the take-away. Vector city. Then there's the fact that they're telling us to keep 2m apart for a reason - very large numbers like that just can't keep those distances.

We're being allowed more freedom than has happened elsewhere, but it's conditional on us not doing shit like this. Smaller numbers, more space, don't touch stuff. We'll all end up being banned from doing stuff that can be done safely, because too many people won't do it safely.

18 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Italy has a high number of deaths but this is mostly in the same region. We will see if the other regions go the same way as Lombardy soon enough. Lombardy may come down from it's peak then another region might start to climb. This is my biggest worry. 

There was a news story about Lombardy that they have stopped treating people over 60 years old as there is no room for them at the hospitals. This should be told to the people of the UK. If you have friends or relatives over 60 they might not get help from the NHS. It could help clear peoples heads and they can make better decisions.

Heard from a friend today who has heard from a  friend in the north of Italy that if a 70 year old is on a ventilator then a 50 year old comes in the younger person gets it. Then if someone in their 20s came in they’d get it from the 50 year old. A frightening situation.

2 hours ago, JTS98 said:

How good are you at judging 2 metres? How much do you trust yourself to not drop your guard for a moment and do something stupid like shake someone's hand then touch your face? How much do you trust yourself to not touch a door handle somewhere when you're out, right after someone else has touched it? How do you know the other person has washed their hands? How do you know your pal you're out walking with isn't an asymptomatic carrier? How do you know you're not?

Pretty good and 2 metres would be a minimum.

Totally. Shake hands now? Who would even offer? I may touch my face though.

I am certain I can avoid door handles while out walking. Obviously I’ll have to touch my own door handle if I want back in the house.

I usually walk with friends, and I wouldn’t rule that out, but I am planning to just walk alone for now, or possibly with the kids. I’ll also try and find places with nobody there.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not really surprising is it?

Even before we get to total lockdown there is going to be massive reduction in activity as the weeks go on.

No not at all,we have been told as of tomorrow we will be delivering testing kits so will be classed as key workers.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Dumb question but where do you get the forms from?

Not so dumb. I downloaded mine and print one off each time (yes, it's the rule) OR you can write it out longhand (yes again, really).  If you have no computer type thing, you can go to the town hall and get a form. I don't know if they would give you a whole bunch.  Means you need to have at least a stock of paper.  it's bureaucratic pish, typically French, it's what they do.

So after being told that S4-6 pupils should come in to complete coursework and repeating that message on Microsoft Teams, the school website and via texts to Parents, we've now been told that kids shouldn't be coming into school to do this and to minimise the number of pupils in schools. Not great timing and also makes no sense in Fife as - despite the council telling us we've to go into school this week to be there for the children of key workers (and to prepare online lessons), Fife council have told key workers that they'll have to make their own childcare arrangements this week until the new "hubs" are open! So there will be schools open, teachers and catering staff in and we'll be expecting children to arrive if their parents are key workers but they might not now due to the council message. At the same time we might have to turn away pupils who are in to finish coursework despite being told on Friday that they were to do so. I know it's a difficult situation and that it's an ever changing picture but the amount of mixed messages, poor timings of press releases and the like is causing even more stress at the moment.

Spent today Group Calling kids to make sure they knew as well as replying to email to try and reassure them.

SQA have been bloody awful IMHO - the lack of concrete advice and clarity is just shocking