Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

This is the current  level of social distancing recommended in Scotland and the UK. There are also similar guidelines for self isolation.

I feel they'd be adequate if everyone abided by them. The problem is those that aren't, imo.

Which is exactly why they are not adequate. If people won't follow them, they won't work.

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Oh really? Name them....

Is it your cousin from another town that went to that other school..nah, you won't know them, they left in 4th year and went to..

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Name names.

Eh, the Malaysian government.

I’m with  @pozbaird and  @Bairn Necessities on this. Maybe geography has a lot to do with it but I am quite capable of taking the dog a walk twice a day and encountering less than 3 or 4 people. Both they and I know to briefly exchange pleasantries from opposite pavements and move on. 

the risk involved in that is waaay less than building a bunker, closing the curtains and deciding not to emerge until you’re given the all clear. You’ll go fucking mental. 

maybe @JTS98 and the other guy live in a city. If so, I can see their point of view. It is however a gross overreaction for my set of circumstances. 

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:
4 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:
Just been sent a video of a dolphin bar in Dundee that was supposedly open yesterday, it was bouncing tae. No idea if there is a bar named that or if it was indeed yesterday though 

Put the owner in jail.

It'll be a step up in class.

288368e99bbaa52e02c164d4039cd302.jpg

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Oh for fucks sake...im done..i give up!!

So, you don't think the experience of a country trying and abandoning the same ideas upon seeing that they didn't work is somehow relevant?

Fair enough.

Incredible to me that a deadly virus spreading through the population isn't enough for some people to just say 'Know what, I'll stay at home and keep out everyone's way'.

Baffling.

57 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They're way behind on testing after refusing foreign WHO recommended kits.

We're not testing everyone because the current test has a relatively high false negative rate, i.e. it says you don't have the virus when you actually do. This is a reason why we're not swabbing the general public (and NHS staff in particular) and why if you've got symptoms you're not being swabbed, because you're assumed to have it.

9 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
12 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:
Just been sent a video of a dolphin bar in Dundee that was supposedly open yesterday, it was bouncing tae. No idea if there is a bar named that or if it was indeed yesterday though 

Put the owner in jail.

Looks like it was Friday night 

Plenty lorries still going past my shed. What’s in them?
Stuff
Bog roll for Tesco workers only.
Yes
I am keeping up and have some sympathy for his position.
I only walk into my local supermarkets for food, drink and essentials. Other than that, I am staying at home to minimise the risk of infection. That's been my way of life for the last few weeks.
However, it's a matter of personal choice until the Government imposes the inevitable lockdown.
Lockdown wont stop being people dicks n doing what the f**k they want. Maybe london to start with but just cant see it
Even with lockdown eh will still be heading to work

You do wonder if there are different circumstances for those on each side of the fence. Having a 4 year old and temporarily living with the mother in law mean that staying in the house all day everyday is completely impractical. We’ve been to various places this weekend but all of them meant being as far away from others as possible - river walk in Angus and Lunan Bay for the beach. Be lucky if we saw another 20 folk all weekend.