Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Fucking moronic neighbours here next to me still not getting the severity. Guy across the road has had about 10 visitors all laughing and joking about their extended holiday. Old boy visiting a friend 2 doors down " am no worried, if you're going to get it you'll get it" even the next door neighbour is off out with her sister to see her mum. It's fucking ridiculous. Clearly these people have never seen a loved one on a ventilator watching the oxygen go up to 100 unable to do anything about it.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

If there are people who think ‘if it’s OK to go out for a walk, then it’s OK to go to the boozer’, then sorry, I’m not responsible for the actions of such bellends. I have read a few posts here today basically saying we should simply stay indoors, completely, unless in an absolute emergency - medicines, shopping, new calculator batteries for Granny Danger.

I strongly disagree with that. I raised the point a day or so ago about outdoor places like the Kelpies or Falkirk Wheel possibly attracting large(ish) numbers of people. Well-meaning people, but still a likely gathering ‘hot spot’. I intend to avoid such places, but I will simply keep going out for a quiet stroll in relatively quiet areas, if the weather plays ball. I will observe social distancing while out strolling around quietly.

I'm just below the highest risk group and looking after someone the same. Thankfully we live near a river, canal and park where it's easy not to get close to people, will have to take a thermos or hipflask instead of stopping at a cafe or pub, but paranoia might take over as the % of potential carriers increase. Well stocked up so long as alcohol deliveries continue online.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Are football teams up and down the cuntry still training together?

No idea.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Carrying on with activities like going out for a walk? Are you listening to the live Prime Minister address right now? He has just encouraged people to go outside for walks, to aid physical and mental wellbeing. To be fair to him, he re-inforced the point about social distancing.

You stay at home 100% if you want.

We're all making our own decisions, but your decisions affect us all.

Being outside should simply be discouraged. Look around the world at what is happening elsewhere. The virus in the UK is the same virus.

By being outside, you encourage others to be outside. I'd love to convince you, but I don't think I can.

I just hope you reconsider.

Fucking moronic neighbours here next to me still not getting the severity. Guy across the road has had about 10 visitors all laughing and joking about their extended holiday. Old boy visiting a friend 2 doors down " am no worried, if you're going to get it you'll get it" even the next door neighbour is off out with her sister to see her mum. It's fucking ridiculous. Clearly these people have never seen a loved one on a ventilator watching the oxygen go up to 100 unable to do anything about it.
They'll be doing what I did today. Visiting their mums grave.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Carrying on with activities like going out for a walk? Are you listening to the live Prime Minister address right now? He has just encouraged people to go outside for walks, to aid physical and mental wellbeing. To be fair to him, he re-inforced the point about social distancing.

You stay at home 100% if you want.

I'm still going out for walks. I live near Inverleith Park. Its very easy to stay metres away from another soul. 

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

😎 good stuff.

I live in the burbs, right on the edge of Kirkcaldy. Can I go the odd walk for exercise purposes?

I'm not the polis. But I don't think people should be doing that. No.

I think it's selfish and irresponsible.

The one time I was in a country I couldn't speak the language of and wandering unwittingly into a cordoned off area because of some event in town, having an AK74 pointed at me told me everything I needed to know.

Paisley?

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

No idea.

We're all making our own decisions, but your decisions affect us all.

Being outside should simply be discouraged. Look around the world at what is happening elsewhere. The virus in the UK is the same virus.

By being outside, you encourage others to be outside. I'd love to convince you, but I don't think I can.

I just hope you reconsider.

Nope. Not reconsidering. Going out for a walk and staying well away from others tomorrow. Thanks.

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

That's not a problem if allotment gardeners practice social distancing.

JTS98 is arguing that we should ignore social distancing advice and totally self isolate.

Try to keep up.

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

The one time I was in a country I couldn't speak the language of and wandering unwittingly into a cordoned off area because of some event in town, having an AK74 pointed at me told me everything I needed to know.

Sinn Fein are pretty stringent with who gets into their Dublin Ard Fheis.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

JTS98 is arguing that we should ignore social distancing advice and totally self isolate.

Try to keep up.

I'm actually arguing for following the social distancing advice given elsewhere.

The UK is currently presenting a confusing social distancing message of 'Don't be around other people, except when you want to'. This is insanity and is a position that has failed elsewhere.

The message should be clear. Stay at home unless you're getting essentials.