Coronavirus (COVID-19)

My work is still going to crack on with a stocktake this coming Friday, although people within the company are self isolating. People are already stressed enough as it is, I think the whole thing should be postponed until further notice. No doubt we'll be told "business as usual".

Just now, pub car king said:

I too may have fallen prey to this pox. My symptoms are like a bad cold, started with aches and a sore throat then onto a headache and a rough cough. Also for good measure when I sleep I start off freezing then at some point my body totally overheats and I am soaking wet with sweat.

Wid

9 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

A lockdown is coming. People/employers aren't getting the message.

Folk genuinely seem to think that this is a Bank Holiday weekend and someone is taking their toys away from them so they're having to come up with new ones.

Not to go full boomer but I think Instagram culture is driving a lot of this. Can't upload a story from a bar or boomerang your plate of penne carbonara so lets go and climb Conic Hill instead.

Will I unfollow them? No, because many of them are wee darlings. But my point stands.

That's Emirates Airlines announced they are suspending all passenger flights as of Wednesday.  And the municipality have closed the parks (again), gyms (again) and swimming pools (first time).  Pubs are still open here, as are restaurants, but they can only have 20% of their normal capacity.  And its raining.

It's going to be a long summer.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Mrs just saw this on FB. Fucking idiots, in particular the parents. IMG-20200322-WA0013.jpeg

Band of kids passed my house earlier. Some walking, others on bikes, but in sizable clumps. They only want to go outside now, because they're being told not to.

Nicola Sturgeon: 'The advice should not be seen as optional'

Let me be clear, the advice should not be seen as optional. It should be seen instead as a set of rules to be followed. To protect Scotland we must all do the right thing."
from Nicola Sturgeon First Minister
Edited by DA Baracus

I too may have fallen prey to this pox. My symptoms are like a bad cold, started with aches and a sore throat then onto a headache and a rough cough. Also for good measure when I sleep I start off freezing then at some point my body totally overheats and I am soaking wet with sweat.

Ross.

Bairnardo

Pub Car King.

People really are taking the piss. People just can't understand that they aren't the exception to the rule. Oh its ok if I go on a hike as there often isnt people there. Oh its ok if i travel somewhere as not a lot of others will be. Selfish p***ks the lot of them. What a sense of entitlement. Would people just take the advice and for everyones sake stay at home unless its a food shop or something of the utmost importance. Imagine everyone adopted this attitude, it would be like we are doing nothing. The worst is people who are out and about but hastagging "self isolating" as if they are doing everyone a favour that they are on a nature walk and not on a night out. Get back in your hoose you twat.

25 minutes ago, Terry Singh said:

Sadly it's the phsyche of many, where the only thing that will get through to them is when they see a loved one on a ventilator.

It'll be somebody else's fault.

Guest bernardblack
People really are taking the piss. People just can't understand that they aren't the exception to the rule. Oh its ok if I go on a hike as there often isnt people there. Oh its ok if i travel somewhere as not a lot of others will be. Selfish p***ks the lot of them. What a sense of entitlement. Would people just take the advice and for everyones sake stay at home unless its a food shop or something of the utmost importance. Imagine everyone adopted this attitude, it would be like we are doing nothing. The worst is people who are out and about but hastagging "self isolating" as if they are doing everyone a favour that they are on a nature walk and not on a night out. Get back in your hoose you twat.

There’s nothing wrong with going for a long walk with your partner etc.

Band of kids passed my house earlier. Some walking, others on bikes, but in sizable clumps. They only want to go outside now, because they're being told not to.

There are posters in this very thread that use that same logic.

Just now, bernardblack said:

There’s nothing wrong with going for a long walk with your partner etc.

There isn't but im from aberdeen and there was a mass descension on the shire to places like loch muick etc with people saying it was mobbed. That is just idiocy or don't you agree?

There was some total nutter on the black and white army boards BOASTING about holding a family party for a kids birthday yesterday. His justification was none of those in attendance were "at risk". We really have a decent proportion of utter c***s amongst us !!!

Sadly it's the phsyche of many, where the only thing that will get through to them is when they see a loved one on a ventilator.

Nicola Sturgeon: 'The advice should not be seen as optional'

Let me be clear, the advice should not be seen as optional. It should be seen instead as a set of rules to be followed. To protect Scotland we must all do the right thing."
from Nicola Sturgeon First Minister

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-scotland-51987906

A lockdown is coming. It can only be presented softly so often.