Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:
Finally succumbed to toilet roll panic and ordered 500 rolls from China at 10p a pop. 

Ooft, how much did that skin you?!...

You should let Granny give you some arithmetic lessons. :P 

Speaking with folk in Oz they're where we were 10 days ago
A bit non plussed but slightly concerned
Advised them about to go into full shitting bricks mode

Why? There’s absolutely no reason to. There is a “rational, controlled behaviour” mode which sits somewhere in the middle, and which we are all being expected to practice now.

All that has happened in the last ten days is that certain leisure pursuits have been put on the back burner for a while.

Nobody should be “shitting bricks” at this point.

56 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Random Guy's Chinese Secret Service handlers  have went back and deleted all his lunatic conspiracy posts from yesterday.

Shame they've all pretty much been quoted.

Hopefully his shelter building is going well.

FTFY

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Why? There’s absolutely no reason to. There is a “rational, controlled behaviour” mode which sits somewhere in the middle, and which we are all being expected to practice now.

All that has happened in the last ten days is that certain leisure pursuits have been put on the back burner for a while.

No, that should be left for a fortnight.

18 minutes ago, Romeo said:
20 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:
Using Dangers Extrapolation quotient £3.2 million...

You'll be paying in £500 notes I would assume?

€500s the note of international monetary exchange...

3 hours ago, Dele said:

Still surprised the bold boy hasn't been pulled up more for that - quite clearly - racist post. 

Gearing up to be a terrific Sunday though. 

English people are not a different race. You could have said it was xenophobic, you'd still have been wrong, everyone in the south isn't English

There are approx 60 million folk living south of the Scottish border. If even a small % tried to 'escape' to the wilds, Scotland  (or Wales) would still be overrun.

I'm sure the folk in these 'remoter' northern places wouldn't complain if there was a restriction on people from the central belt of Scotland scarpering up there.

If it were indeed possible for folk to genuinely head into the 'wilds' with 3 months supplies then good luck to them but that's not what's happening.

They could maybe do that in Australa , US or Canada for example but not in Scotland or Wales.

Now, I do apologise for calling you a twat. It was a gratuitous insult which I don't even know is warranted as I have not read many of your posts.

I  intend to do so, though.  :)

1 minute ago, cyderspaceman said:

English people are not a different race. You could have said it was xenophobic, you'd still have been wrong, everyone in the south isn't English

There are approx 60 million folk living south of the Scottish border. If even a small % tried to 'escape' to the wilds, Scotland  (or Wales) would still be overrun.

I'm sure the folk in these 'remoter' northern places wouldn't complain if there was a restriction on people from the central belt of Scotland scarpering up there.

If it were indeed possible for folk to genuinely head into the 'wilds' with 3 months supplies then good luck to them but that's not what's happening.

They could maybe do that in Australa , US or Canada for example but not in Scotland or Wales.

Now, I do apologise for calling you a twat. It was a gratuitous insult which I don't even know is warranted as I have not read many of your posts.

I  intend to do so, though.  :)

I've no idea what you're rabbling on about, the racist post was one of the DAFC accounts. 

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Only those who're keeping up with Euronews and are seeing the daily coverage of Bergamo and it's hospitals.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

It’s not just the Highlands that’s seeing moronic people ‘fleeing cities’ a guy in my work has gone to his caravan in the borders and is all over Facebook about it, clearly thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room.

found a bolthole and telling everyone about.aye,hes a genius

Looking at the stats, and when you read about the 'Spanish' flu of 1918, which killed 50-100 million around the world, it's hard not to draw parallels.

Unless there's some significant change, i.e. the virus mutates and becomes less harmful to humans, the warmer weather stops the spread, or we have a big breakthrough with a vaccine, then we really are looking at a similarly catastrophic situation aren't we?

When the virus really takes hold in densely populated countries like Indonesia, India, Malaysia, the Philippines, and many African countries, with poorer healthcare and welfare systems to allow people to self-isolate, then the impact will be horrendous.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Looking at the stats, and when you read about the 'Spanish' flu of 1918, which killed 50-100 million around the world, it's hard not to draw parallels.

Unless there's some significant change, i.e. the virus mutates and becomes less harmful to humans, the warmer weather stops the spread, or we have a big breakthrough with a vaccine, then we really are looking at a similarly catastrophic situation aren't we?

When the virus really takes hold in densely populated countries like Indonesia, India, Malaysia, the Philippines, and many African countries, with poorer healthcare and welfare systems to allow people to self-isolate, then the impact will be horrendous.

Erm no, the Spanish flu of 1918 was more lethal by an order of magnitude than this current virus. You clearly didn’t read for the sake of comprehension.

NB: Anyone whose go to reference point right now is a wild pandemic that bumped 100 million people of a far lower global population in about twelve months needs to self-isolate from the Internet as well as society for a few weeks. 

Perhaps BoredomGuy has got space left in his tinfoil-lined bunker for you.

Edited by vikingTON