Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Thoughts on this[mention=17699]G_Man1985[/mention] &[mention=72852]Moomintroll[/mention] ?

Panic buying is happening.

Ques this morning was horrendous at 10am.

Shelves again are either already empty or starting to.

Kids now coming into the shop this weekend so aisles such as sweets/ biscuits seems to be the next target .

The wine is quite low.

I only went in to get some shopping and start at 12 today

However was at premier yesterday and that was stocked great. Only thing I noticed was the prices had went up quite a bit.

13 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The guy is reporting figures. What about it is "utter nonsense"?

A 10% sales jump would be seen as a decent result for a supermarket in the run up to Christmas. It’s not Soviet-era bread queues in Russia level of scrambling for produce but it’s a significant increase in trade for the shops, as indicated by the recruitment drive by them. 

6 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I've dusted off the old scientific calculator and have just estimated that there will be 8 million cases of coronavirus in Scotland by next month.

So, some of us are going to be re-infected?   I was hoping for immunity after death.

Guest Moomintroll
Panic buying is happening.Ques this morning was horrendous at 10am.
Shelves again are either already empty or starting to.
Kids now coming into the shop this weekend so aisles such as sweets/ biscuits seems to be the next target .

The wine is quite low.

I only went in to get some shopping and start at 12 today

However was at premier yesterday and that was stocked great. Only thing I noticed was the prices had went up quite a bit.
That is poor, what Premier was it?

3 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Caravan parks and Skegness etc see a rise in visitors yesterday. People just don’t get it do they?

Tens of thousands of day trippers to likes of Skegness and Welsh seaside towns. Busier than bank holidays apparently. 

Guest bernardblack
Tens of thousands of day trippers to likes of Skegness and Welsh seaside towns. Busier than bank holidays apparently. 

People are idiots. I’ll be spending the day with The Wire season one and some beers

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

A 10% sales jump would be seen as a decent result for a supermarket in the run up to Christmas. It’s not Soviet-era bread queues in Russia level of scrambling for produce but it’s a significant increase in trade for the shops, as indicated by the recruitment drive by them. 

Absolutely. But there's at least a couple of people on here making out that they're going over the top at Passchendale when they're moving Charmin Ultra from a stockroom to a shelf.

58 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Cummings needs to be tried and jailed for mass manslaughter, I struggle to remember a bigger c**t.

That’s impressive given some of the people around just now.

He isn't the one responsible for the decisions, Johnson is.

Get well soon mate!
How are you both feeling? 

I’m absolute fine mate, thanks for the wishes. It really does feel like a chest infection with continued pressure to cough and added breathlessness. Rest is your friend. Thankfully working from home is not an issue for me so my life in general is not overly affected.

My partner is a support worker and it has really affected her asthma so extra rest is required but again, very similar to a chest infection.