Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Dele said:

The old Deacon Brodies. Opened about a fortnight ago and were told to close yesterday, poor buggers. 

Was that not The Copper Still? Was last in a few years and iterations ago

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

Next door to Church, end of Ward Rd. You go in the front door then straight downstairs. 

Ah, I know where you are! Been in Church a few times but never the pub below, even when I lived here in 2002/03

Not sure if it's just me but in the past 4 days or so I've noticed a big rise in people using mobile phones while driving their car.

Could go quite a while without spotting anyone but 5 times in the past couple of days i've seen folk with a phone right up to their ear driving one handed (one who could barely steer because of it) is this what people do in times like this? thinking the police won't bother as they have bigger issues?

1 minute ago, red23 said:

Not sure if it's just me but in the past 4 days or so I've noticed a big rise in people using mobile phones while driving their car.

Could go quite a while without spotting anyone but 5 times in the past couple of days i've seen folk with a phone right up to their ear driving one handed (one who could barely steer because of it) is this what people do in times like this? thinking the police won't bother as they have bigger issues?

It's not so much "bigger issues", it's more that the number of cuts made by the tories over the years has created a situation where they are fewer and further to be seen.

45 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I can only predict that in a fortnight or so, the UK will be facing similar to what Italy is facing just now, but the folk who have been spreading it will lay the blame at the government by saying "we only did it because it was only advice. If you had made it law then we wouldn't have this problem". 

And to a certain extent they'd be correct, they've made a rip roaring c**t of this. 

Wouldn't it be highly ironic that following the previously touted as healthy Mediterranean diet as the Italians do is bad for you whereas deep frying the f**k out of everything protects you from coronovirus...

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Wouldn't it be highly ironic that following the previously touted as healthy Mediterranean diet as the Italians do is bad for you whereas deep frying the f**k out of everything protects you from coronovirus...

No, as diet is not a transmission factor

Insert Buzz Killington GIF here

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

That assumes UK is as badly prepared as Italy going forward. Italy has locked down and still the death count is through the roof. 

That's not to say the UK will be fine, but to just assume the UK and Italy are in the same position is very simplistic. 

48 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

46 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No, as diet is not a transmission factor

Insert Buzz Killington GIF here

Diets that are high in fat seem to depress the immune response and thus increase the risk of infections. Reducing fat content in the diet can increase immune activity. This might not just affect infections but could also strengthen the type of immune cells, which can fight tumour cells