Coronavirus (COVID-19)

27 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They do.

And everyone should name that pub in their home town.

In Dunfermline, a place I haven't actually ever lived in, Thirsty Kirstys was probably that pub. There was once a story in the Dunfermline Press about a punter who was banned for farting too much, with said farts seemingly being eye watering.

Struggling to think of the jakiest pub in Falkirk TBH. The Railway Tavern maybe

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Struggling to think of the jakiest pub in Falkirk TBH. The Railway Tavern maybe

There will be one. Everywhere has one.

Arctic Bar in Dundee is a shout. Went in once for a laugh as I'd heard about it. It was genuinely grim. Sticky floors, sour pints, horrible display of lukewarm pastries and hideous clientele.

Edited by DA Baracus

Folk are not taking this seriously in the UK. I feel like a bed wetter but the government need to make clear what "social isolation" means and start chucking folk in cells who aren't complying.

Edited by Marshmallo

Folk are not taking this seriously in the UK. I feel like a bed wetter but the government need to make clear what "social isolation" means and start chucking folk in cells who aren't complying.

Isle of Man has just done that.
They’ve brought in a law saying everyone who arrives on the island has to isolate for 14 days. Someone didn’t and has now been arrested. Punishment is to be either a £10,000 fine or a prison sentence.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Great idea Marshy, lets fill up our prisons to the brim.

That'll stop the virus from spreading. 

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Isle of Man has just done that.
They’ve brought in a law saying everyone who arrives on the island has to isolate for 14 days. Someone didn’t and has now been arrested. Punishment is to be either a £10,000 fine or a prison sentence.

Daily Mail had it as first case on UK soil. Wrong. No surprise.

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Solitary?

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We need mass police and/or military presence to enforce it.

Also they should shoot panic buyers.

15 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I drove past the Helix earlier and it was hoaching

30 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There will be one. Everywhere has one.

Arctic Bar in Dundee is a shout. Went in once for a laugh as I'd heard about it. It was genuinely grim. Sticky floors, sour pints, horrible display of lukewarm pastries and hideous clientele.

@tree house tam, sort this c**t oot will ya? 

The fact that Milan and northern Italy has a high percentage of Chinese workers shows you just how important social distancing and testing is.
I also hope that Italy is worse because of this and it isn't really what everywhere will be like. Iran was bad and they have a small chinese community.
Possibly Iran's problem is a cover up. I read that if you look at the politicians effected then multiply this by the population then its half a million. Hopefully this is well off but lots of their politicians were unwell.

The lessons of Italy, sadly, have not been learned. At least 40,000 people there have been charged with failing to comply with the restrictions. 

Too many people will not comply unless they are forced to. It is depressing that we are going to have to resort to it, but large numbers of people are going to end up being killed through selfishness if we don't start chucking people who refuse to comply in jail and/or fining them heavily.

29 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

*Social distancing.

I can only predict that in a fortnight or so, the UK will be facing similar to what Italy is facing just now, but the folk who have been spreading it will lay the blame at the government by saying "we only did it because it was only advice. If you had made it law then we wouldn't have this problem".