Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Btw, I worked in the Scottish Government on avian influenza 2006 and foot and mouth 2007; I worked on other, lesser disease outbreaks like Newcastle disease, bluetongue and Schmallenberg; and I worked on many endemic livestock diseases like bovine TB until 2013. I know my eliza from my PCR. I don't claim to know anything about epidemiology, but I spent enough time with epidemiologists and reading their reports to know that it's a complex, unique field of study. I'm in no position to critique anything produced by the CMOs or Imperial College, or the comments of Jason Leitch or Mark Woolhouse and I doubt many on here are either.

As Jeremy Farrar, Director of the Wellcome Trust said “We will not get everything right. There are no rules, there’s no textbooks to follow here. These are judgement calls, made in very best faith but in tremendous difficulty.”

7 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

'80% of the population could die from Coronavirus '

'We must do something...there's still time'

'Though one of them might be Sam Smith

'Eh.. let's not be hasty..'

He'll probably change his name to Covid-19 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Been for a wee sleep. Feel a bit better, sore head subsided a wee bit. Feeling of being frozen replaced by feeling of being hot. Cough, still present. Wish they would just test everyone because if this passes overnight and I have to isolate for 7 days il be seething.

Still, 7 shifts off work.....

Better safe than sorry m9 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Been for a wee sleep. Feel a bit better, sore head subsided a wee bit. Feeling of being frozen replaced by feeling of being hot. Cough, still present. Wish they would just test everyone because if this passes overnight and I have to isolate for 7 days il be seething.

Still, 7 shifts off work.....

I think, on balance, you should be overjoyed if it passes overnight. Otherwise it might be you doing the passing...

I mean that in a nice way.

2 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Just when you thought that public opinion couldn't drop any lower, they manage to make it even worse.  Incredible that somebody thought that this was a good idea.

They don't call it the Shittania for nothing.

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just when you thought that public opinion couldn't drop any lower, they manage to make it even worse.  Incredible that somebody thought that this was a good idea.

They don't call it the Shittania for nothing.

They are still going to get hounded on Trip Advisor until they demolish the place. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Hate it when a letter is not only written in error, but is also sent out in error. 

Very unfortunate thing to happen. 

Would be excellent if the manager came out and said "I queried it with head office and they said 'f**k'em.' 

His job's probably goosed now anyway.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Looking forward to the response to my contact with them:

01769CF5-2258-4895-9511-FC3191DA0BFB.thumb.jpeg.62f54f58ed1bb927e3a54a31db39e48b.jpeg

It will be interesting to see if/how they respond. The admin error excuse is so unbelievable that it’s laughable. Let us know if you get a response.