Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

By stopping all trade and making them poorer. Genius.

Ok with hindsight this was perhaps a crap plan, if your looking for someone who thinks they are infallible and can't admit they got something wrong there's plenty on here. I'm not one of them.

But the thinking behind that was to force change. Not to try and eradicate the Chinese.

3 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Is it true that the virus can't enter pubs without being invited in? 

You’re thinking about vampires.

Virus can’t enter a vampire without being invited in.

Or something.

Indeed, please quote me where I have said anything remotely like "It's their own fault because they are a bunch of foreigners"
All I have done it criticise the eating habits and hygiene of some places and some people within China.
There are underlying reasons for this, poverty being the main one.
But it's a problem that has to be addressed.

Poverty appears to have nothing to do with this outbreak. The animals that are the likely source of this outbreak would be consumed as delicacies or medication, not necessity.

How do you propose the world addresses this issue with a Sovereign nation?

Who is to be the world police to say what is right or wrong, us while eating Haggis? Should we also challenge places like Sulawesi in Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, Korea, Spain, Latin America, Africa?

No doubt there will be a backlash against China and Wuhan in particular regardless?

1 minute ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Poverty appears to have nothing to do with this outbreak. The animals that are the likely source of this outbreak would be consumed as delicacies or medication, not necessity.

How do you propose the world addresses this issue with a Sovereign nation?

Who is to be the world police to say what is right or wrong, us while eating Haggis? Should we also challenge places like Sulawesi in Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, Korea, Spain, Latin America, Africa?

No doubt there will be a backlash against China and Wuhan in particular regardless?

No how do you propose the world address the issue?

Just now, Stellaboz said:

British Airways only offering a 12 month valid voucher for cancelling flights with them. f**k that, I want a refund, how is the best way to pressure them?

If your flight is cancelled you get your money back.

If the flight runs and you decide not to go, a voucher is just a gesture of goodwill.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

British Airways only offering a 12 month valid voucher for cancelling flights with them. f**k that, I want a refund, how is the best way to pressure them?

Sneak into where they are keeping their aircraft and blow them up.

Or you could threaten to raise a simple procedure claim against them in the local Sheriff Court.

I know which option I’d choose.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

2.500. I get 1.500 less and that is working on the frontline pretty much guaranteeing myself to get the virus.
Any help be appreciated while I'm at full risk.
I can do without the verbal abuse at work because you cant get toilet roll to clean yer ass.

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

I'm expecting a George Cross after I go into the assessment/treatment hub on Monday.

In reality I will get a cheers for that then in about a years time a message that you will be getting your pay frozen for several years due to economic challenges.

1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

Mrs buchan30 is an auxiliary and was saying this yesterday, maybe a wee rise just to say thank you. Show that you are appreciated as much by the government as you are by the public. I/we will possibly end up working more hours/on days off during this as it reaches it’s peak as well. But when the beast from the east was here, i was working 14 hours a day for the 3 days it was really bad and folk were making there way from badly hit areas to get into work. We weren’t rewarded after that and i doubt it will happen after this. Maybe a few lines in a wee newspaper column to say thanks.

This is where the Unions / People power should be stepping in.

As I said, you want to keep public opinion on side and you also don't want to hold people to ransom, however all people deserve is a decent wage for doing a hard job which nobody else wants, especially at a time of crisis.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Spoken like an employee.

Maybe if you agree to pay djchapsticks wife and then maybe she can shut down.

I'm sure she'll shut down if and when the government announce they have to.

Until then, those receiving a wage should really consider their opinions before mouthing off about selfishness.

I'll pay you to shut the hell up

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

So is there anyway possible in your opinion to criticise the actions of people from another country without being racist?

Americans are Trump voting fannies.

Do I win a prize?