Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Kamenitza said:

They made it compulsory for supermarkets here to limit the number of people in the store.  One  way they achieve it is by having only a limited number of chariots  available and one person to a chariot, no chariot - no entry, wait till somebody comes out.

"aye but a need two cause am shopping for my ma's da's sister who has a hidden disability so get off ma case eh?!?!?!?!?"

We are going to stop having my wife’s mother around and are going to go and meet her in a public space rather than have people round the house. Think we are going to go and meet in a big wide space like a park or place to walk. She is 65 and isn’t in a high risk category.

We are going to stop having my wife’s mother around and are going to go and meet her in a public space rather than have people round the house. Think we are going to go and meet in a big wide space like a park or place to walk. She is 65 and isn’t in a high risk category.

Might suggest that one, although her mum is early 50’s, I might also suggest me not being there.

Tim 'Trump' Martin says,
"Supermarkets are very, very crowded. Pubs are much less crowded. There's hardly been any transmission of the virus within pubs and I think it's over the top to shut them.
I'm expecting Wetherspoons to start doing takeaway burgers and currys by Monday morning

They made it compulsory for supermarkets here to limit the number of people in the store.  One  way they achieve it is by having only a limited number of chariots  available and one person to a chariot, no chariot - no entry, wait till somebody comes out.
Chariots? Do they have rotating knives on the wheels to make it easier to negotiate the bog roll aisle?

9 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:
Tim 'Trump' Martin says,
"Supermarkets are very, very crowded. Pubs are much less crowded. There's hardly been any transmission of the virus within pubs and I think it's over the top to shut them.

I'm expecting Wetherspoons to start doing takeaway burgers and currys by Monday morning

It'll all be set up for tomorrow morning.

4 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
23 minutes ago, Kamenitza said:

Chariots? Do they have rotating knives on the wheels to make it easier to negotiate the bog roll aisle?

When was the last time anyone actually saw any bogroll in any shops

My older brother got married a year ago, to a woman he had been with for 17 years.

They separated towards the end of the year and are living apart.

He jumped on Tinder and met some bird from Mexico. They have been talking via video every day for a couple of hours. 

She flew in yesterday and is now with him in Dunfermline.

They're going to see my parents on Sunday. They turned 60 (same birthday; indeed born on the same ward just hours apart) at the end of December. My maw is, to be blunt, an alcoholic, and thus has high blood pressure for which she takes some mad tablets. The old man has type 2 diabetes and the resultant high blood pressure, and has been taking a bunch of tablets for years. He was rushed to hospital in December after nearly dying. Turns out he has chronic lymphocytic leukeamia. Daft old dick was feeling shit for days, and maw was telling him to get to the doctors, but he was being a stubborn old tit and it wasn't until he was near death and couldn't get out of bed that he thought he should get to the hospital. 4 blood transfusions later and he was doing pretty good. Saw him on his birthday and he was remarkably well. He had 4 sessions of targeted chemotherapy recently and it has done a lot of good, to the extent that he's pretty mucj back to normal (save for the eventually terminal cancer!). He and the maw were at the Scotland England and Scotland France games (aye, he's a rugby guy and was in the navy, so f**k knows what foul pints he's downed and how many balls he's gargled).

I have declined the invitation to join them on Sunday. Also a bit annoyed at them all for the obvious risk.

My younger brother and his husband likewise declined. They were stranded in Vegas earlier in the week and are being sensible and isolating for a week, even though they both feel fine (although their cat died recently and they were a LOT of pictures and a eulogy on Facebook).

Edited by DA Baracus

Dundee v Hearts cica 1986

I was pondering a question Mrs Poz asked. I said to her that this weekend, I might watch my DVD of the 2013 League Cup final. She asked what other games I could watch in their entirety again. If it didn’t involve St Mirren, I’d go for the 1970 World Cup Final and Liverpool v AC Milan in Istanbul.

6 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
25 minutes ago, Kamenitza said:

It's the best way to stop panic buying.

1 minute ago, Binos said:

When was the last time anyone actually saw any bogroll in any shops

Today. There's a shop just along from me that had loads. As it isn't a supermarket or a Spar it hasn't been cleared out.

I got a Snickers and a Diet Coke.

The options are for the UK seem to be 1) we have waves of lock downs and lessening of restrictions to manage the pressure on hospitals till a vaccine is developed mid next year.
2) A cure is discovered that massively alleviates the risks in the next 6-12 months. And the lock downs are no longer needed.
3) We go on super lock down and trace every case and possible contacts and eliminate the disease in the UK inside about 3 months with very severe restrictions on international travel in and out till the vaccines arrive.
4) (not going to happen) We swallow the death rate.

Two weeks ago the suggestion of London on lockdown would have been laughed at. One clown who posted just above me mocked the idea that SARS CoV 2 was a pandemic 3 weeks ago. Other laughing about it being a bad flu. 

This is our lives for the next 12-18 months. Millions will die from this disease. America may be very hard hit but some countries in Africa have perhaps 10% of the population with tuberculosis and others with maybe 20% with HIV. 

This is going to get very fucking real for the people least able to get help. 

Some c***s were laughing when the first UK case died, "pre-existing conditions" and other comments, hundreds of thousands to millions of  our population fit that bill. 

This is real. It is not a drill. 

Good luck and best wishes to all in Scotland and all who read this. (Actually all P&Bers). Social distancing and good hygiene will help slow the spread and may save the life of someone you love. 

Edited by dorlomin

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

It's the best way to stop panic buying.

Today. There's a shop just along from me that had loads. As it isn't a supermarket or a Spar it hasn't been cleared out.

I got a Snickers and a Diet Coke.

b*****d

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

There must have been bog roll in Asda Stenhousenuir, which has by all accounts been a zombie battleground all week, as I seen a lady with some in her bag in the chippy earlier.

Folk will be panic buying chippys just for the paper that wraps them