Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, printer said:

You've done it now! emoji21.png
I was going to just stay on the red wine tonight, but now I'll have to pop out for a quarter bottle of Whyte & Mackay as well.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit whisky.

ComposedAmbitiousGilamonster-size_restri

43 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Tbh they should all be on overtime as default for the duration. Same for any worker designated as essential.

My works order book has tripled since the panic buying started. Apparently, come next weekend I could, in theory, get 34hrs of OT every week until folk stop going insane. 

37 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Just got an email from my gym (Village hotels) saying membership fees will be frozen, and for compensation I get a free nights stay at any one of their hotels and £200 vouchers to use in their restaurants.

i hate you GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Lick of paint and you can see in. Mich the same.  Considering I live across the road from it it's somewhere I've not been too often. 

Aragon was shut today too.

Thanks. Aragon was one of my under age drinking places circa 1970. That and the Chancellor lounge with the accordion playing bus driver, polis never came in there.

(before your time, I know, pubs shut at 10. Well 10 to 10 in effect, clocks were always set fast)

Corona was ginger you could buy off lorries that came round the streets. 

Jaikits for goalposts...     

6 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Sky news in the Bergamo hospital is a far more graphic view if you really want to scare the utter shite oot o him. 

The army trucks lining up to take out the coffins is some laugh. 

Just now, cyderspaceman said:

It's gone a bit quiet on here.

You've all gone to the pub, haven't you?

Two faced bastids.

I was pondering a question Mrs Poz asked. I said to her that this weekend, I might watch my DVD of the 2013 League Cup final. She asked what other games I could watch in their entirety again. If it didn’t involve St Mirren, I’d go for the 1970 World Cup Final and Liverpool v AC Milan in Istanbul.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I was pondering a question Mrs Poz asked. I said to her that this weekend, I might watch my DVD of the 2013 League Cup final. She asked what other games I could watch in their entirety again. If it didn’t involve St Mirren, I’d go for the 1970 World Cup Final and Liverpool v AC Milan in Istanbul.

Dunfermline 3 0 Peterhead is worth looking for. (the 10 minute highlights anyway). More Enter the Dragon (not euph) than Sportscene. Peterhead lining up for the second half in a 3-4 formation, ready to dish out more aggro.

20 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Sky news in the Bergamo hospital is a far more graphic view if you really want to scare the utter shite oot o him. 

Could barely sleep last night after watching that at 10pm last night. Was a horrific and sobering watch. I wonder if Boris / Rishi watched it and hence this evening's announcements

From Ch 4 News, they mentioned the number of ICU beds in Germany v UK.
I dug around in Wikipedia.

Curative bed   =   Standard hospital bed
ICU ( Intensive Care Unit ) bed  =  CCB ( Critical Care Bed )

( Latest figures as of 2017 )
Curative Beds

Germany   8 beds / 1000 people
France      5.98       /  "    "    "
UK              2.54       /  "    "    "

ICU / CCB Beds

Germany   29.2 beds / 100,000 people
France        11.6           /   "     "      "
UK                  6.6            /    "     "      "

From Wiki...
" The availability of CCB-ICU beds[4], artificial ventilators[5] and ECMOs devices has been described as a critical bottleneck in
responding to the ongoing 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic. The lack of such devices dramatically raises the mortality rate of COVID-19."

Edited by beefybake

Guest Moomintroll
Couple of good examples there, AC Milan v Barcelona in the 1994 European Cup Final is an education in football ability & tactics.

6 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

Our local 27 holer is closed and members have been warned not to just go out anyway. I don't see the problem of being out in the open, on the course or in a country lane or in a park as long as you steer clear of any other folk. I do think it's stupid to go to a busy pub or other similar place.

A friend was at Leclerc supermarket this morning, new rules mean only one person per chariot. Silly rule. 

They made it compulsory for supermarkets here have to limit the number of people in the store.  One  way they achieve it is by having only a limited number of chariots  available and one person to a chariot, no chariot - no entry.

20 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Thanks. Aragon was one of my under age drinking places circa 1970. That and the Chancellor lounge with the accordion playing bus driver, polis never came in there.

(before your time, I know, pubs shut at 10. Well 10 to 10 in effect, clocks were always set fast)

Corona was ginger you could buy off lorries that came round the streets. 

Jaikits for goalposts...     

Aye but they opened at 10 to 5...

6 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

Our local 27 holer is closed and members have been warned not to just go out anyway. I don't see the problem of being out in the open, on the course or in a country lane or in a park as long as you steer clear of any other folk. I do think it's stupid to go to a busy pub or other similar place.

A friend was at Leclerc supermarket this morning, new rules mean only one person per chariot. Silly rule. 

They made it compulsory for supermarkets here to limit the number of people in the store.  One  way they achieve it is by having only a limited number of chariots  available and one person to a chariot, no chariot - no entry, wait till somebody comes out.