Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Snafu said:

More importantly I hope the staff that were kicked out have somewhere to stay and not having to sleep in tents, it was freezing this morning up here in the Highlands. Same again tonight by the looks of things.

Beautiful day in Inverness, overnight is probably a bit nasty in Aviemore. Much as I hope Britannia get done for illegal evictions, as is being talked about, and the workers get looked after, as the only hotel chain in the UK that still provide smoking rooms I won't be boycotting them as yet. Solidarity only goes so far.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Only from you Sarge.

Joking of course. I see what you mean, but in times like these we really see the worse in folk and I'd rather just f**k off for 3/4 months! These circumstances are a bit different from my usual isolation, as usually I am not at risk of catching a particularly unpleasant virus.

Take @D.A.F.Cwith you. The Pie and Bovril Max and Paddy.

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

^^^ failed reading for comprehension at primary 3 level

That comeback is right up there with your, "That's you looking in the mirror" belter from the other week. 

You stick to your shouty pseudo-intellectual schtick and leave the poor attempts at banter to the seasoned vets. 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Beautiful day in Inverness, overnight is probably a bit nasty. Much as I hope Britannia get done for illegal evictions, as is being talked about, and the workers get looked after, as the only hotel chain in the UK that still provide smoking rooms I won't be boycotting them as yet. Solidarity only goes so far.

You are moaning about people going out for a quiet pint but you still smoke!

Couldn't make this up. 

10 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Stupid question alert....

What does this mean for hotels? And weddings etc.

No booze at them?

There won't be any social gatherings soon. That's how it is here in France and other countries. I'm not allowed to visit a friend's or relative's house for a social evening.

I don't have any rellies here but I've got chums. Honest.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

You are moaning about people going out for a quiet pint but you still smoke!

Couldn't make this up. 

After around 45 years of smoking stopping now isn't going to do much good.

On 16/03/2020 at 21:44, yoda said:

Whilst the US is a complete car crash, they're talking about actually doing something. It probably won't happen, or at least not to this extent, but Chuck Schumer is proposing a $750 billion fiscal stimulus package (and what a package!), including direct cash transfers. That's roughly 3.5% of US GDP.

Meanwhile over here, the Chancellor has pledged £12 billion, 0.4% of GDP, to help keep the country from tumbling into the shitter. No talk of direct cash transfers, but Richard Branson has got the begging bowl out for himself.

We're fucked warnock.png

This aged well warnock.png

The government are paying 80% of the wages of employees who can't work due to the measures they've taken, up to a max of £2,500 per month. Does this apply to footballers? If so this may save a hell of a lot of clubs from serious problems.

The government are paying 80% of the wages of employees who can't work due to the measures they've taken, up to a max of £2,500 per month. Does this apply to footballers? If so this may save a hell of a lot of clubs from serious problems.

I’d say almost certainly yes.

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Given that we are on the verge of a total economic collapse, it's considerably better than 0% so maybe for a change you should display a bit of gratitude that you are getting anything, you entitled brat.

Is there anything you won't complain and whine about?

How's your phantom business getting on?

18 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

The McDonald hotel along the road has given them accommodation, food etc and has said they'll look to employ them at one of their hotels if possible.

That's good. They should send the bill to the Britannia group.