Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

If it only affected the afformentioned ts and ds , I would welcome their behaviour. But it does not.

Having said that, I suppose mathematically they are increasing their own chances of catching it compared to others.  Still not a good thing.

Yeah you are right. My point was this isnt some far away, it wont affect me thing anymore. 

When these people catch it and pass it to someone more vulnerable than them like a family member, they will see the reason why their behaviour was selfish first hand. 

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

On a slightly different subject, has anyone seen or heard any figures on the impact of the virus on those with serious drug issues or even the homeless population ? 

Was at the dentist in Glasgow City Centre yesterday, the proportion of addicts to average joes was staggering. I wonder if the addicts (of illegal substances) are going to see a supply issue soon.

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

You're afraid of the reality and lashing out. We know, you do you. Just know if you're joining them you're making a bad situation worse.

Tbf he's probably in a panic because he spent all his income on tellys and fancy holidays instead of putting some reserves aside to cover short term liquidity problems for a few months. Better just for him to let it all out.

Just now, mathematics said:

Was at the dentist in Glasgow City Centre yesterday, the proportion of addicts to average joes was staggering. I wonder if the addicts (of illegal substances) are going to see a supply issue soon.

Good to see they're finally getting a check up, most of them have terrible teeth.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah you are right. My point was this isnt some far away, it wont affect me thing anymore. 

When these people catch it and pass it to someone more vulnerable than them like a family member, they will see the reason why their behaviour was selfish first hand. 

I doubt it to be honest, such people are largely immune to self anaysis/examination/accepting responsibility.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

I doubt it to be honest, such people are largely immune to self anaysis/examination/accepting responsibility.
Yeah you are probably right, but when they are lashing out at not being able to attend a funeral because of the ridiculous isolation rules it's pretty much an open goal

Any answer is going to be guesswork but I'm hoping things will be calming down a bit by then. Been ordering loads of useless stuff from Amazon recently with no problem, it's just grocery deliveries from supermarkets that isn't happening at the moment. Sure you want everything new anyway? My niece just gave birth last night and got most things barely used from Gumtree and Facebook for a fraction of the price.

Got a few things second hand but car seat etc. you're not allowed to buy/sell second hand (although at a push a colleague has said I could have one of her old ones) and there are a few things we definitely want new.

I'll let you know tomorrow, we've got an appointment booked to go in and get all our stuff tomorrow morning and so far not had anything to advise this has been changed. Mrs P due early July, our worry is that this pregnancy is showing signs of some complications and may point towards a c-section but needs additional scans to determine this, yet all scan appointments have reportedly been indefinitely scrapped. Also very strict rules in place for labour ward/delivery room protocol.

Cheers, that would be great. Our antenatal classes have been cancelled (I take it you change a nappy the Homer Simpson way by wrapping it round a few times and stapling it?) which we expected and we've to phone later today about a blood sugar/blood pressure check up from the diabetic obstetrician (even though she reversed her diabetes she's at risk of gestational diabetes apparently) so that might be off. I'm assuming she growth scans are an essential service though given its about the risk of stillbirth and the like.

17 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I'd have thought most who were substance dependent would have underlying issues as a result, and be prime covid-19 material. That would make the supply issue very much the suppliers issue. That could be interesting also.

Once this wee bug thing blows over and just as the NHS is starting to recover they will be inundated with cases of fucked livers. 

I would have thought once we get clear of this wee bug, the NHS is going to be inundated for a serious amount of time in a vain attempt to catch up with the massive amount of cancelled electives.

Coupled with the amount of staff that have left/will be going due to Brexit, I don’t see the NHS getting back to pre-Coronavirus levels of care/efficiency for a very long time.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/20/boris-johnson-covid-19-prime-minister-brexit?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

My mum keeps begging for someone infected to come round and give her a bit of COVID-19 as she is desperate to die. None of her pals are allowed to visit so she's totally miserable and isolated. Nice cheery one for a Friday afternoon for you. 

20 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I'd have thought most who were substance dependent would have underlying issues as a result, and be prime covid-19 material. That would make the supply issue very much the suppliers issue. That could be interesting also.

I'm sure other people will have more knowledge than me but are drug addicts not more vulnerable to respiratory illnesses?

Edited by ICTChris

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I'm sure other people will have more knowledge than me but are drug addicts not more vulnerable to respiratory illnesses?

I was also thinking that but wasn't certain. Sounds like a bad mix.

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Fives on tonight and we still have 10.

However I wont be in attendance..

You could have been the  first to crack the "I'm out of breath because I'm a fat c**t*, not because I have Covid-19" joke?

*I have no idea if you are fat or not.

You could have been the  first to crack the "I'm out of breath because I'm a fat c**t*, not because I have Covid-19" joke?
*I have no idea if you are fat or not.
Nah he's not fat. Mozza is bald though.