Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re the 13th Best Poster In P&B History, 24th Most Influential Poster in P&B History, Best St Johnstone Poster 2012, 2013 & 2015, P&B's Got Talent Winner, Founder of Club DOSS

I’m sure your relationship will last.

On paper, these stats look incredibly impressive and they are undoubtedly a major turn-on for the ladies. In reality, I haven't achieved anything on P&B since 2015. The jury is out.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Didn’t copy it, but thought it best to be reasonable.  Just said I wouldn’t use any hotel in their change and said their treatment of their staff was disgraceful, particularly at this time.

I said it was disgusting and hoped their business went belly-up.  Hard talking, me. 😠

Walked past Wetherspoons in Glasgow City centre just after lunchtime and it was rammed. Seems the lure of cheap booze is too much for the jaikies.

Had to go to Debenhams to pick up something I ordered for mother's day. Plenty of hand soap if you are willing to pay over the odds for it.

21 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I currently live with my sister. She went ahead with her birthday party the day before yesterday, and now she is continually leaving the flat and going out for coffee with people. I am hiding in my room. I have planned a quick exit. My girlfriend will pick me up in her car and I will stay with her indefinitely. We have only been 'official' for a week, so this may be a serious test of the relationship. Out of the frying pan, into the fire. Pray for me.

Unlimited shagging, tho'.

13 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

On paper, these stats look incredibly impressive and they are undoubtedly a major turn-on for the ladies. In reality, I haven't achieved anything on P&B since 2015. The jury is out.

TRS is Alex Salmond!  Who knew?

Anyone else absolutely sick of dickheads on social media saying shit like “omg so sad [emoji22]” every time an event/business they like is cancelled/closes? People are acting as if it’s a fucking surprise when their favourite wee cafe closes down or the village arts fair is cancelled - even though places are shutting down left right and centre and we’re being told to avoid social gatherings. Morons.

FB_IMG_1584714899977.thumb.jpg.2afe9e2e9b84c4f317a8f62a989b8d48.jpg

Sportsters in Falkirk heroically following government advice to minimise non-essential contact. After two last parties, right enough.

45 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

There's a certain truth in this. The Spacewoman and I have upped our consumption over the last week without really trying.

The hour of the apero starts at 6, we usually pass because we go to the bar after 7 most nights and have 2 or 3. Now we bust out the booze and nibbles about 5.45 EVERY night . Then don't fukcing stop except to eat. This virus is going to kill us.

Once this wee bug thing blows over and just as the NHS is starting to recover they will be inundated with cases of fucked livers. 

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Flowery, fanciful pish.

Would make a decent short fiction piece at standard grade level though.

The ending literally reads like something out of one of Frankie Boyle's books tbh

"And then, you are flooded with an overwhelming sense of calm. You sense that you have reached the nadir of your struggle. The worst of the danger is over. With the viral attack beaten, your body’s immune system will pull back, and you’ll begin the slow, painstaking journey to full recovery. Some weeks from now, the doctors will remove the tube from your throat and wheel away the ventilator. Your appetite will come back, and the color will return to your cheeks, and on a summer morning you’ll step out into the fresh air and hail a cab for home. And later still, you’ll meet the girl who will become your wife, and you’ll have three children, two of whom will have children of their own, who will visit you in your nursing home outside Tampa.

That’s what your mind is telling itself, anyway, as the last cells of your cerebral cortex burst in starburst waves, like the glowing algae in a midnight lagoon. In the isolation ward, your EKG goes to a steady tone. The doctors take away the ventilator and give it to a patient who arrived this morning. In the official records of the COVID-19 pandemic, you’ll be recorded as victim No. 592."

3 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

The ending literally reads like something out of one of Frankie Boyle's books tbh

"And then, you are flooded with an overwhelming sense of calm. You sense that you have reached the nadir of your struggle. The worst of the danger is over. With the viral attack beaten, your body’s immune system will pull back, and you’ll begin the slow, painstaking journey to full recovery. Some weeks from now, the doctors will remove the tube from your throat and wheel away the ventilator. Your appetite will come back, and the color will return to your cheeks, and on a summer morning you’ll step out into the fresh air and hail a cab for home. And later still, you’ll meet the girl who will become your wife, and you’ll have three children, two of whom will have children of their own, who will visit you in your nursing home outside Tampa.

That’s what your mind is telling itself, anyway, as the last cells of your cerebral cortex burst in starburst waves, like the glowing algae in a midnight lagoon. In the isolation ward, your EKG goes to a steady tone. The doctors take away the ventilator and give it to a patient who arrived this morning. In the official records of the COVID-19 pandemic, you’ll be recorded as victim No. 592."

Exactly what I thought of - Frankie Boyle's New World Order closing monologues.

I get it tries to serve as a wake up call to folk not already self isolating but it's purely a work of fiction. You'd be as well writing about going on a plane and it being hijacked by a terrorist and it plummeting to Earth.

I understand it's a time that everyone is on edge but it's important to call out what is real and based in fact or actual evidence and what is shite. And this is a heaving pile of shite. No better than the c***s telling you that tanks are mobilising in London.

Edited by djchapsticks

I really don't understand the mentality of "isolation isn't 100% effective, so why bother trying?" mentality.

Crossing the road isn't 100% safe, but that doesn't mean you close your eyes and walk over a motorway.