Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Pizza. I could live on pizza.

Well said that man.

2 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

As long as it doesn’t have fucking mango on it....

^^^^ ‘President of Iceland’ type post.

We're going to be under police / military lockdown within a couple of weeks. There are an insane amount of absolute weapons who are not taking this seriously. On my way home from getting petrol last night just about every jakey old man pub I saw was crammed full.

You don’t need the military or police you just need the authoritys to force closure, that way theres no where to go plus the owners can claim of their insurance, turn of their gas n leckie and so on and hopefully survive to re open

6 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

If you could only buy one food product from the shops what would it be? For me it would be cheese - lasts for ages and goes with everything from...actually can’t think of anything is doesn’t go with.

Doesn't go well with cereal.

7 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

If you could only buy one food product from the shops what would it be? For me it would be cheese - lasts for ages and goes with everything from...actually can’t think of anything is doesn’t go with.

Tinned pulses: extremely good value protein, practically bombproof shelf life, full of essential nutrients and can be turned into anything from an Italian bean stew, through to a curry. Whereas the pasta-hoarding idiots will end up with scurvy by the end of 14 days.

Guest Moomintroll
Has this been proven?
Well it won't really matter as you are only able to buy one food product. There will he no cereal to go with it.

On a related note, yesterday was my first visit to any supermarket since the weekend that apparently made the Sack of Rome look like a mild affair. After all those reports, it was remarkable to see the amount of food that was actually still in stock. Practically every kind of fresh fruit and vegetable imaginable, most products from the fresh bakeries: you could even still get baked beans FFS (Branston and not the shitey Heinz variety as well).

With the exception of a couple of genuinely essential items, it seems that the UK public have walked into the shops with a set shopping list in mind and are having a collective meltdown about not getting exactly what they want in the middle of a pandemic.

Just now, virginton said:

On a related note, yesterday was my first visit to any supermarket since the weekend that apparently made the Sack of Rome look like a mild affair. After all those reports, it was remarkable to see the amount of food that was actually still in stock. Practically every kind of fresh fruit and vegetable imaginable, most products from the fresh bakeries: you could even still get baked beans FFS (Branston and not the shitey Heinz variety as well).

With the exception of a couple of genuinely essential items, it seems that the UK public have walked into the shops with a set shopping list in mind and are having a collective meltdown about not getting exactly what they want in the middle of a pandemic.

I'm not wiping my arse with anything but Cushelle 3 ply

Drumstick squashies. £1 a bag.

10 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm not wiping my arse with anything but Cushelle 3 ply

You'll be glad to get Happy Shopper 1 ply (still easily available in a corner shop near you) within the week.

28 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

hqdefault.jpg.7a626ab097eb1801586cbe81c7d90b85.jpg

Nicky 3 ply toilet paper out of Farmfoods is decent. Since I can’t be arsed carrying an 18 pack back from work via the Subway anymore I’m stuck with Andrex. You would be better wiping your arse with a Labrador pup...

37 minutes ago, virginton said:

So, based on your sample of, er, one supermarket, this is all blown out of proportion? OK< then..

FWIW, I was in three yesterday in order to get milk, spuds and bread on my way home between half three and five.

First - Sainsbury's. City location, large store, just smaller than the ones that have a clothes/homeware/electricals area. Condition: absolutely raped. No fruit, very little veg*, absolutely no bread of any description.

Second - Tesco. Out of town loction, "Extra" store (two floors, cafe, all the clothing/electrical/homeware stuff). Condition: Moscow, 1975.  Almost completely stripped. Tinned goods - occasional bashed tins rolling around otherwise bare shelves. No bog roll, kitchen towel, nappies. About half a dozen boxes of various cereals in that isle. Empty freezers, no milk at all (even that UHT shite). NO CHEESE- no fucking cheese of any kind, from plastic singles to deli stuff. BUT plenty of ISB bread products (including some reduced - 2 chocolate croissants for 42p? Go on then) and I snaffled what appeared to be the last bag of Maris Pipers in an otherwise bare produce area, otherwise only populated by "baby" potatoes.

Third - Co-Op. Local village, standard small co-op. Obviously carries a more limited stock than the two previously mentioned, but seemed to have plenty of the usual. Short, but not out, of milk. No semi-skimmed, so I had to go for full-fat. That's all I needed, so no idea what the bogroll/pasta situation was. Mission accomplished, and home.

An hour after I got home, Mrs WRK arrived with two four-pinters of semi-skimmed, which she'd got at the same co-op. Seems they are replenishing little and often. Good effort on their part, I think.

*Peas and sprouts.. Badoom, tish!

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

28 minutes ago, virginton said:

Tinned pulses: extremely good value protein, practically bombproof shelf life, full of essential nutrients and can be turned into anything from an Italian bean stew, through to a curry. Whereas the pasta-hoarding idiots will end up with scurvy by the end of 14 days.

The bonus is that halfwits didn't clear those shelves until the shit was away.