Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I cancelled a restaurant booking for this week. I cancelled an overnight stay at a hotel due this weekend. I have not been to a pub, a concert, a museum or anything, nor will I be going to one anytime soon. I haven’t been to a club since Cardinal Folly in 1982, so no hardship to avoid clubs these days... I did however go to the gym three days running, have done some shopping, yesterday nipped into a Calders Garden Centre for a coffee, and today at Bishopbriggs Retail Park, had a chicken wrap and a coffee.

I don’t know if this makes me a cnut who is brazenly ignoring the advice or not. I await P&Bs verdict with trepidation.

I went shopping this morning.  Queued to get in. Stayed clear of folk. Checkouts only had every second one open, you put shopping on belt, walked round via empty till and paid and collected at a distance. Checkout staff had big plastic screens in front and wore masks.. Wasn't perfect but obs trying. 

I later went to local hotel for pizza takeaway to give them some custom. Had hoped to get a beer while waiting but they wouldn't let me in. Went back later to pick up pizza.

I don't think it's possible to make the thing absolute. We can't stay indoors with no interaction for 4/5/6 weeks but I will certainly try. Maybe I'll get used to it.

The bottom line is lockdown would stop the number of deaths climbing.

To me & most if not all on here they are just numbers on the news but they are actual people.

It's not going to magically get better. A lockdown will save lives.

I wouldn't see it as an order.

10 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I hope bog roll companies are sticking away their profits for the inevitable lull in purchases that will be coming at some point down the line. 

Nah, they're working on a gastroenteritis virus at this very time to release into the wild.

23 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

What i want is for those in charge to follow the directions of the best scientific advice available.

As far as i can see, that's exactly what's happening.

If they decide to lock-down then that's what happens. But until then people will take their precautions and try to cope with all of this as best as possible.

The best advice that is being given is social distancing wherever possible and no unnecessary contact. You boasted earlier that you were taking your kids for a haircut tomorrow.  You’re contradicting yourself.

Anyone at the point where they need to wipe their arse with a towel or a newspaper yet? (Or just shower)
Thankfully, I've still got 10 rolls but going for a drink tomorrow (In a house) and could decimate that supply with hangover shits.
I've yet to see any stock when in any supermarket.
Easily supplied when you ken a person

13 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

... and when I needed some cat food and milk, who knows who had picked up the basket I carried around the shop before I did. When I picked up a box of Felix, forgetting my fussy pussy doesn’t like Felix, and put it back on the shelf, who had touched it before me. When I keyed my PIN into the machine to pay, who had prodded those keys before me with their fat grubby coronavirus soaked fingers. When I filled up the car, how many clatty basturts’ had smeared their Covid 19 laced mitts all over it prior to me. When I withdrew some cash from the machine.....

We’re doomed. Doomed. There is no escape.

Wash your hands a lot and don't touch your face until you do.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Wash your hands a lot and don't touch your face until you do.

I am doing that as much as possible. You can’t win though. Went into the toilets at the Calders Garden Centre - they had printed sheets which they had stuck above all the urinals and sinks. It was in a cheery typeface, and was a section of the lyrics to ‘Hey Jude’. The posters said ‘sing this while washing your hands, you’ll hit twenty seconds’. So, as I was alone in the lavvy, out loud, I started giving it the full ‘na, na, na, na-na-na, Hey Jude....’. Thought to myself, ‘yup, that was about twenty seconds right enough’. Dried my paws in the Dyson Airblade, turned to leave. To get out, had to negotiate two sets of doors, both of which pulled towards me, both of which had large metal handles. Damn. Fcuked again. Thought to myself ‘how many clatty cnuts who didn’t even wash their hands after having a shite at all, have touched those today? So, had a hankie in my pocket, thought about opening the door using that. Realised I’d had a sniffle earlier, cannae’ do that. Just gingerly hooked a pinkie around the handle and went for it. Decided to go for the middle of the handle. Russian roulette...

As I said, we’re doomed. Fcuked. No win.

There are some wild timeframes being pulled out of arseholes all over and paraded as fact. "Peak in 12 weeks" being the latest. On Monday the graph from Downing Street showed an unchecked peak in April, and a flattened peak in early May. Now, 3 days later, its the end of June?

Globally, approximately 389,000 deaths a year are caused by seasonal flu (with the upper range around 500,000).

YTD there have been 10,000 deaths from Covid-19, and we are rapidly approaching 25% of the way through the year.

How close to 389,000 / 500,000 deaths do you think we will see before the year end, and how far above 500,000 would we have to reach to not consider everything that is going on an over-reaction?

There is little point in discussing mortality rates as the number of infected is unknown. The current rate of 4% is higher than reality.

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Remember this is the man who should have been dead in a ditch November last year!

He has a compliant MSM, very limited political opposition (and the effective ones get limited media coverage) and an electorate who are easily satisfied.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

The above is not to say i'm not concerned by Covid-19, I am, but I'm not sure that concern is based on the disease itself being a huge killer, or the saturated coverage on the news 

As mad as it sounds, the only aspect of all this I'm not actually worried about is the virus itself. It's the knock-on effect for industries and the depleted supermarkets that are depressing me.

There are some wild timeframes being pulled out of arseholes all over and paraded as fact. "Peak in 12 weeks" being the latest. On Monday the graph from Downing Street showed a flattened peak in early May.
Globally, approximately 389,000 deaths a year are caused by seasonal flu (with the upper range around 500,000).
YTD there have been 10,000 deaths from Covid-19, and we are rapidly approaching 25% of the way through the year.
How close to 389,000 / 500,000 deaths do you think we will see before the year end, and how far above 500,000 would we have to reach to not consider everything that is going on an over-reaction?
There is little point in discussing mortality rates as the number of infected is unknown. The current rate of 4% is higher than reality.
What you & people who spout this shite about "seasonal flu" don't get is that seasonal flu is a thing that we as a race deal with every year, it's a part of our life. Unfortunately people die because of it. It's accepted.

Now people are dying due to this virus that has came out the blue and are adding early deaths to people who could potentially live for another 5-10 years and more. So to compare the figures is just moronic.

... and when I needed some cat food and milk, who knows who had picked up the basket I carried around the shop before I did. When I picked up a box of Felix, forgetting my fussy pussy doesn’t like Felix, and put it back on the shelf, who had touched it before me. When I keyed my PIN into the machine to pay, who had prodded those keys before me with their fat grubby coronavirus soaked fingers. When I filled up the car, how many clatty basturts’ had smeared their Covid 19 laced mitts all over it prior to me. When I withdrew some cash from the machine.....
We’re doomed. Doomed. There is no escape.
Difference is going for shopping is a necessity while stopping for a coffee isn't.

The government should have forced the closure of pubs, restaurants etc if they really wanted to limit unnecessary social interaction. Leaving it up to individuals and businesses was never going to work.

3 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

What you & people who spout this shite about "seasonal flu" don't get is that seasonal flu is a thing that we as a race deal with every year, it's a part of our life. Unfortunately people die because of it. It's accepted.

Now people are dying due to this virus that has came out the blue and are adding early deaths to people who could potentially live for another 5-10 years and more. So to compare the figures is just moronic.

How many of the people around the world who die of ‘bog standard flu’ also had 5-10 years more in them, but contracting flu did them in?

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

There are some wild timeframes being pulled out of arseholes all over and paraded as fact. "Peak in 12 weeks" being the latest. On Monday the graph from Downing Street showed an unchecked peak in April, and a flattened peak in early May. Now, 3 days later, its the end of June?

You actually spent time typing this junk?