Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Folk are going to live their lives accordingly, until a lockdown is imposed. Small businesses are still trying to survive in difficult times after all.

Anyone getting over-agitated by this needs to have a wee lie down.

I'm going to attempt to take my kids for a haircut tomorrow afternoon. If that pisses people off then so be it.

I don't get this unwillingness to make a wee bit of effort to slow it down unless there are soldiers on the street ready to shoot me stance.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, Romeo said:
40 minutes ago, pozbaird said:
I’d settle for cnuts not eating raw bats any more.

Raw fish or other raw meat is okay though?

If it's normal in Britain, then it's normal in the rest of the world. If it isn't normal in Britain, then it isn't normal in the rest of the world. Don't you know anything m8?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I don't get this unwillingness to make a wee bit of effort to slow it down unless there are soldiers on the street ready to shoot me stance.

Because it's pissing into the wind when thousands of people are going into every single supermarket every day. 

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

If it's normal in Britain, then it's normal in the rest of the world. If it isn't normal in Britain, then it isn't normal in the rest of the world. Don't you know anything m8?

It. Was. A. Joke.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Because it's pissing into the wind when thousands of people are going into every single supermarket every day. 

Don't suppose you vote either because what's the point of one vote. Every little counts! :whistle

Folk are going to live their lives accordingly, until a lockdown is imposed. Small businesses are still trying to survive in difficult times after all.

Anyone getting over-agitated by this needs to have a wee lie down.

I'm going to attempt to take my kids for a haircut tomorrow afternoon. If that pisses people off then so be it.
Just don't bring them into Tesco please

Just now, welshbairn said:

Don't suppose you vote either because what's the point of one vote. Every little counts! :whistle

Indeed.... every little does count. Like every little greedy b*****d flooding a supermarket at once and buying 20x more than what they actually need. Leading to a situation where old and vulnerable people are left with nothing.

In the last week my dad has been to a gig and out in town for dinner twice.

He isn't getting the idea behind not doing these things because he is "still having to go to work" and "feels fine"

I've pointed out the fallacy of this, but there's little chance of getting through.

23 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Angela Merkel has just been quoted as saying in a televised broadcast, that :

"Since WW2 there has never been a challenge for our country in which acting in solidarity was so very crucial"  and called on people to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 by sticking to the rules.

Strange comment - I was always under the impression that Germany lost WW2 - perhaps I was mistaken.

That's only the third post I've ever disliked on here. 

11 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Indeed.... every little does count. Like every little greedy b*****d flooding a supermarket at once and buying 20x more than what they actually need. Leading to a situation where old and vulnerable people are left with nothing.

I was in Asda and Aldi this week, and although there were plenty of sparse or bare shelves, in neither case would I have had the slightest bother in getting stocked up with food for a week. People keep posting photos on twitter of the empty bog roll sections, but there's mostly plenty of stuff if you have some ability to vary what you eat.

This whole thing is not being managed by Westminster (shocker) if you want to stop people mixing and going out shut everything down don't leave it to the individual businesses who are fucked if they do and fucked if they don't.

If people have nowhere to go they can't be mixing and spreading the risk.

It's a complete shambles being presided over nightly by a fucking clown who probably can't even tie his shoe laces let alone preside over this. Ffs he just has to copy what every other country is already doing.