Coronavirus (COVID-19)

40 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Pal was in TESCO today and in his basket (amongst other items) were 4 snack cereal bars - had to put one back!!!

which part of the "only 3 of any  items per customer" thing did he not understand?

Edited by highlandcowden

1 minute ago, highlandcowden said:

which part of the "only 3 of any  items per customer" thing did he not understand?

I'm guessing the fact that he normally picks up a handful at time, he didn't give it a second thought.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, you can't have a capitalist system where you only reap benefits and any risk is picked up by the tax payer, granted we have indeed had this for the past 30 years or so, however I think the straw that breaks the camels back won't be long in coming.

Yep, we are going to need to find some way of having those of us lucky enough to have jobs unaffected by this to help those in industries that are fucked. Could be millions of job losses.

Ideally the government would do this but they are such venal arseholes its unlikely.

Maybe some sort of temporary taxation on highish earners and companies as well. To cater for the big increase in jobseekers.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

It came as part of a 4 pack...

funny you should say that-guy I know posted on FB yesterday that in inverness ASDA a mate of his,who usually picks up individual items in fruit&veg instead of the stuff with all the packaging,was told at the till he couldn't buy 4 individual garlic bulbs-but he could buy 3 packets of garlic bulbs(total of 12)

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Greatest boyband that the UK has ever produced. 

You know, making a comment on UK boy bands is kind of like a mule with a spinning wheel.

2 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Yep, we are going to need to find some way of having those of us lucky enough to have jobs unaffected by this to help those in industries that are fucked. Could be millions of job losses.

Ideally the government would do this but they are such venal arseholes its unlikely.

Maybe some sort of temporary taxation on highish earners and companies as well. To cater for the big increase in jobseekers.

First off we should be scrapping HS2 which should save around £150 Billion, we should then be following the European model where redundancy payments are subsidised by a pot paid by all employees and employers which is obviously only accessed by those who require it. We should also be changing laws to ensure individuals and companies can't use loopholes to dissolve companies and walk away from their responsibilities (such as Pensions and Redundancy payments) and leaving it all to the tax payer, especially when they have tons of other assets which are deemed to be untouchable under UK law.

Taxation also needs looking at where the Rich start to pay their way and indeed subsidise the Poor, rather than the other way around.

It should also be made illegal for any individual to own more than 3 properties as I'm sorry but there's no need for it and it's just profiteering, again at the expense of the poorest and most vulnerable in society.

Ultimately people can still be wealthy and can still aspire to better themselves but NOT at the expense of tramping over everyone else in society, there's no need for it and it's mostly just an ego and power thing, rather than there being any tangible reason behind it.

#timeforchange

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

We'll that's Mrs Romeo ready for an apocalyptic lockdown .

Just in from spending £100+ on getting her nails and hair done.

Fucking idiot.

The thought crossed my mind today that we could all be looking at circa 3 months without any barbers being open. Could be some absolutely horrendous barnets on show by the end of this. At least your Mrs will look okay.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The thought crossed my mind today that we could all be looking at circa 3 months without any barbers being open. Could be some absolutely horrendous barnets on show by the end of this. At least your Mrs will look okay.

I was having this discussion earlier, might have to give it the 2 all over by the end of this.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Pretty sure Romeo will be deid by that point (though I'd hope not)

9 minutes ago, Romeo said:

We'll that's Mrs Romeo ready for an apocalyptic lockdown .

Just in from spending £100+ on getting her nails and hair done.

Fucking idiot.

She married you.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

How do you know what she looks like?

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig & grandma