Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

Picked up what I reckon is a cold but, with having an underlying condition, I'm now self isolating for 14 days. Let's see what this daytime TV I keep hearing of is all about.

Equity release, travel insurance for pre-existing conditions and surprisingly affordable funeral plans. Listen to Radio 4 instead (except for the astonishingly ubiquitous The Archers).

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I heard and read various accounts of restrictions to buy only two or three items of the one product at supermarkets and small store not working, some people are still doing what they want. Stores having 30 minute queues and not enough staff to police the restrictions at the tills, staff being intimidated by customers etc.

That's the problem with these stories. I have no doubt that these things are happening occasionally, but each time I've been to the shops in the last week (three in total I think) it has been absolutely fine and there has been loads of stuff in stock. It only seems to be very specific things that are out of stock.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I heard and read various accounts of restrictions to buy only two or three items of the one product at supermarkets and small store not working, some people are still doing what they want. Stores having 30 minute queues and not enough staff to police the restrictions at the tills, staff being intimidated by customers etc.

Just give me the call, supermarkets. I am ready to impart justice on the British public.

Image result for inglorious bastars bearjew

Guest bernardblack
That's the problem with these stories. I have no doubt that these things are happening occasionally, but each time I've been to the shops in the last week (three in total I think) it has been absolutely fine and there has been loads of stuff in stock. It only seems to be very specific things that are out of stock.

Agreed. Stuff like this going around just makes people panic even more.

43 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

"help feed the nation" made it sound rather concerning until I read down and realised they're talking about soft fruits.

How society will survive without strawberries, raspberries and gooseberries is anybody's guess.

No "Jam tomorrow" then.

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Pal was in TESCO today and in his basket (amongst other items) were 4 snack cereal bars - had to put one back!!!

Can I ask what shops you go to?

I can tell you from a Tesco point of you we are missing many lines ( couple of thousand this morning)
Asda seems to be the same way here.

Cant answer for rest , but be good to share where you are going so others on the forum can get what is needed.

I know I’m late to the f**k usdaw party but f**k usdaw.  The CWU will put up a decent fight.  Delivered a packet to a woman today, we’ve to knock on door place parcel down and step back now.  Well I knock and the door instantly opens and there’s a woman who looks like death.  Pale as f**k and sweating like a fat guy at a gym.  Fucking boot.

All items in Tesco are no more than 3per person.
Toilet roll and paracetamol only 2 per person.
We also have a distance policy in ques also.

49 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

My apologies - I must be confusing you with someone else. (Whom I will no doubt refer to as "him".)

No apology required. Just send me over all your hand sanitiser, bog roll and pasta and we'll call it quits.

• The death toll in the UK is now 137, which includes the first fatality in Northern Ireland, and the sixth in Scotland.
  • 128 people have died in England after being diagnosed with the virus, an increase of 29 since yesterday.
  • China reported no new cases of Covid-19 for the first time.
  • The death toll in Spain has increased dramatically from 209 to 767 overnight.
  • A test that will able to say if you’ve already had the virus is very close, according to the government’s former chief scientific advisor.
  • The London Underground has been partially shutdown, with 40 Tube stations closed. Further significant measures are expected in the capital.
  • Police and public health officials are to be given powers to detain people believed to be sick, under new emergency powers to be revealed by the government.
  • EU chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier and Prince Albert of Monaco are two of the latest public figures to be diagnosed with Covid-19.
  • Co-op will create 5,000 temporary roles, aimed at those who have lost their jobs in the hospitality sector.
  • The Bank of England has cut the main rate of interest again, this time to 0.1%.
  • While the European Central Bank has announced a €750bn stimulus package to help deal with the economic impact.
  • The Premier League has said matches will not resume until 30 April at the earliest. The usual 1 June limit to end the season has been extended indefinitely.
  • Australia and New Zealand have both decided to close their borders to non-residents.

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Awaiting a phone call where I expect to be made redundant. emoji119.png

A 28 year-old living with his parents? Tragic but likely.

Sorry to hear.  On a positive note, if you happen to get a new job prior to the redundancy pay running out then you're quids in.  ;)

This happened to my other half a couple of years ago.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What did I tell you? Older generations are not going to allow younger generations to control and patronise them. :lol:

Granny Sanchez has issued you a serious telt. :lol:

Turns out the (80-something and diabetic) Granny Sanchez had been brought the shopping by Cousin Sanchez. Who is self-isolating because after a car accident a few years ago she still has decreased lung capacity.

Granny Sanchez, at the time, was off out to buy a new television for upstairs. She lives alone and by my count has three televisions in the house already. Something tells me it's not your simple minded, smiley-laden notion of control or patronising that's the issue here. 

Guest Moomintroll
Good for you - scum, sub human scum. (Her, not you.)
Oh I don't know about that, he did want a roll ON link sausage after all.

13 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

All items in Tesco are no more than 3per person.
Toilet roll and paracetamol only 2 per person.
We also have a distance policy in ques also.

The tills will soon be adjusted to make buying more than you are  allowed of any product impossible