Coronavirus (COVID-19)

We are similar. The times you are logged in on Skype for Business will be compared against hours booked on weekly timesheets.  Also warned about streaming music/movies through the work computer while its sitting in my house
You must jump through the hoop at all times!

13 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

VT would make some good points if he wasn't such a condescending arsehole.

Can only wonder why someone culpable of a primary school logic failure like the above gets condescended to on a regular basis.

2462B576-7882-4E5F-89A5-7427E74C1142.jpeg.1d68d3d8f55c744dd744ba14d33d2140.jpeg

6 minutes ago, jock_the_squak said:

We are similar. The times you are logged in on Skype for Business will be compared against hours booked on weekly timesheets.  Also warned about streaming music/movies through the work computer while its sitting in my house

With the schools being off it's going to be insane.

My wife will likely be redeployed once the schools close. I'll have three kids under 7 to look after as grandparents are either over 65 or NHS staff. Some toll it'll put on folk.

15 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Our local IT is one of my neighbours. Told me our work are monitoring who regularly goes inactive on Skype 

Work From Home GIF

9 minutes ago, jock_the_squak said:

It's starting to sound like oaksoft has a point.

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

With the schools being off it's going to be insane.

My wife will likely be redeployed once the schools close. I'll have three kids under 7 to look after as grandparents are either over 65 or NHS staff. Some toll it'll put on folk.

It will be a madhouse. 

42 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Just saw a guy with all his army gear on a back pack heading towards Glasgow University. I guess they’ll be using cadets and the army reserve to flesh out the 20,000 mooted for the London lockdown? 

How are the Household Cavalry going to get down the stairs in the underground?

:huh:

Spain’s health ministry said the death toll from coronavirus soared by 209 to 767 fatalities in the last day. The total number of coronavirus cases climbed by a quarter to 17,147. On Wednesday, there were 13,716 cases in Spain.

This is when the Unions such as USDAW, & the GMB should be making demands regarding basic  pay and terms and conditions for their minimum wage and zero hours workers, many of whom will be expected to keep the country operating at great personal risk and also that of their families. They'll also be subject to abuse, both verbal and possibly even physical.

For decades they've been screwed over, but things have suddenly changed and the "lowly" supermarket check out girl or the "expendable" delivery driver or the "invisible" shelf stacker and warehouse worker are now the people that society in general are relying on to keep them alive.

Is that worth more than £8.21 per hour do you think ???

I'd say so.

This is when the Unions such as USDAW, & the GMB should be making demands regarding basic  pay and terms and conditions for their minimum wage and zero hours workers, many of whom will be expected to keep the country operating at great personal risk and also that of their families. They'll also be subject to abuse, both verbal and possibly even physical.
For decades they've been screwed over, but things have suddenly changed and the "lowly" supermarket check out girl or the "expendable" delivery driver or the "invisible" shelf stacker and warehouse worker are now the people that society in general are relying on to keep them alive.
Is that worth more than £8.21 per hour do you think ???
I'd say so.
12 weeks off if you have an underlying illness. Full pay but 2 weeks of them you need to use as part of holiday entitlement

57 minutes ago, virginton said:

The facts that China, Japan, Singapore etc. are already containing the disease rather confirms that it is possible to be contained. As of today there are zero new cases in Hubei, the epicentre of the original outbreak. But yeah - mebbe if they kept all the schools open for weeks and strongly advised people to not go to the pub (but not actually order them to close) like this clown-car response then that would have magically happened all on its own.

I notice you left out Italy there - how are their figures getting on since their lockdown?