Coronavirus (COVID-19)

24 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Reading all these posts about people missing small talk and social interactions with workmates makes me realise how anti-social I must be. I can't think of anything better than being holed up for a couple of weeks/months away from people that I'm usually forced to spend time with. Either that or I've just never been lucky enough to be employed in a place where I think most folk are sound. 

Our team has vastly reduced due to decommissioning. I work with two **** and a super annoying older guy. All three can be annoying and overwhelming. You still get a good laugh about other non football related topics though.

When Paris locked down people moved out to secondary homes or to be with family elsewhere. Some carried it to places previously untouched by the infection. 
One of the troubling aspect is that you don’t know you have it until you feel the symptoms meaning you could be passing it in for up to seven days without even knowing. 
The threat of a lockdown in London will result in a similar scenario with people getting out of the city and going to stay with friends and family.
They need to enforce it by the army/police then announce or do the sensible thing and make it nation wide.

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

One of the troubling aspect is that you don’t know you have it until you feel the symptoms meaning you could be passing it in for up to seven days without even knowing. 

The guy who did the Imperial College study thinks it's more like one day max.

57 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

TL:DR - she says she has dealt with colds worse than coronavirus.

Yup, also a spring breaker by the sounds of things. Out five nights and a row and reckons that’s probably when she got it. So goodness knows how many other people will have been similarly infected. Then you can’t even guess how many they go into effect, especially those more vulnerable to its effects. 

On a Thursday I go shopping for a few things - generally Lidl, Farmfoods and Asda. Today I have never seen anything like it. Lidl - all shelves emptied of pasta, soups and tinned veg the csashier told me that they had 4 tills open until 8pm last night instead of 1..  Farmfoods - most of the freezers empty.  Asda - carpark mobbed and many empty shelves. Spoke to a member of staff who told me that all week they have been queuing from 7am waiting for the shop to open at 8am and there is generally about 100 people waiting for the doors to open then it is a mad stampede.

Goodness knows what these clowns would do in a real crisis.

7 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Went to Aldi for 2 pints of milk, looked like the purge.

aye, in asda last night, all these hoarding twats cannae have any room in their cupboards. Probably filling up the garages of suburbia as we speak..

1 hour ago, highlandcowden said:

our new guvvie has sent an email out saying business as usual because most of us will get it anyhow😮.no reduction whatsoever in footfall through the front door.meanwhiile,a member of staff sent home yesterday after it transpires he should have been self isolating since Friday as hehas a family member showing symptoms, some managers knew of this but did heehaw,action only taken when union went upstairs to inform senior management about it.

we've a lock up meeting about it tomorrow, I think it will be "heated".frankly, if senior management are going to show no interest in taking reasonable steps to minimise risks of exposure to their staff ill take steps to ensure my own welfare

Same idea in our place, teams moved around so that it only "wipes out half a department" if it strikes.

No thoughts or interest in the people it "wipes out" as the only interest is BAU as much as possible. That's what I love about this country.

13 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Have to agree with this

I could do the isolation thing permanently quite easily

I'm in a Skype call/meeting now and an about to go full "Falling Down" mode.  An insufferable bunch of cretins who become even worse on line. If I ever see them in person again it'll be a day too soon.

No, I don't want to see your fūcking dog!

21 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Our team has vastly reduced due to decommissioning. I work with two **** and a super annoying older guy. All three can be annoying and overwhelming. You still get a good laugh about other non football related topics though.

I.R.A. member found.