Coronavirus (COVID-19)

29 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Worry about London shutdown means that folk will be travelling all over the country no doubt with infected people amongst them.

I've read this three times and I still don't understand what you mean, or how you got to that conclusion

6 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Same for me. Thought I’d love it, but it’s proving quite mentally challenging.

I still have a coffee and that at the same time, but not walking to the coffee shop in work where I'd usually bump in to folk and chat about the football or that is fairly murder. 

11 hours ago, sureiknow said:

I was in Tesco on Monday and Tuesday and there was a fair amount of toilet paper. 

I let it go on Monday but on Tuesday I bought a packet of six, even though I knew I had about 12.

You get sort of forced too incase in a few weeks you can't get any.

That's why you had to buy 6 on Tuesday...

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf they often shut down a whole side of the carriageway when doing roadworks.

This also going about, convey of military vehicles headed to London, apparently. Video seemingly just a quick clip of a much larger collection.

You've no idea what's true and what's bollocks on social media just now at any time.

FTFY

Reading all these posts about people missing small talk and social interactions with workmates makes me realise how anti-social I must be. I can't think of anything better than being holed up for a couple of weeks/months away from people that I'm usually forced to spend time with. Either that or I've just never been lucky enough to be employed in a place where I think most folk are sound. 

We go to my parents house every Wednesday and Sunday with the kids and my sister takes along hers. We decided to stay away last night as the school my wife works at has had several kids sent away to self isolate. My old man is in his 70's with underlying health conditions.

That's my sister just off the phone after telling me how we should still be going round to see him as it will be a shame if he has to self isolate blah blah. Told her I'd rather get some more years with him than put him at risk over the next few weeks.

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Local 24 hour supermarket has now reverted back to closing at 10pm presumably to allow them to properly fill their shelves before the next plague of human locusts arrives in the morning.

Before they shut I had a wee look around and it's interesting to see massive gaps in the alcohol and crisps/nuts aisles.

It made me think that people on the whole are simply not getting how serious this situation is.

They appear to be in party mode. They think this is a wee break from work - a bit like Christmas.

People can spunk their money on whatever they want but I am wondering if they have realised that there is a very large likelihood that if this goes on for more than a few weeks there could be mass unemployment as businesses close down permanently. Spending tons of money on crates of beer and multipacks of crisps seems an odd thing to do.

theyre anticipating being stuck indoors for a fair while and are looking to have some comforts,pretty normal behaviour tbh

Guest bernardblack
I still have a coffee and that at the same time, but not walking to the coffee shop in work where I'd usually bump in to folk and chat about the football or that is fairly murder. 

Same for me. Lack of football in general is terrible

9 hours ago, JTS98 said:

A big hub for infections in South East Asia was a huge event held in a mosque in Malaysia a few weeks ago. About 16,000 from numerous countries attended and 500 covid cases in a number of different countries have now been traced to it.

Great news is that 9,000 of these maniacs have now gathered for a similar event in Indonesia, including a bunch of Malaysians and people who have travelled from many other countries.

The Malay Mail today has a quote from one of the attendees saying "We are more afraid of God".

When people's brains work this way, what hope is there?

We're not too afraid of God over here, after all. All Presbyterian and Methodist services are cancelled.

3 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

theyre anticipating being stuck indoors for a fair while and are looking to have some comforts,pretty normal behaviour tbh

Oaksofts make believe business is on its arse, and despite having no mortgage, he has no money for beer and is raging that others do.

Its a real shame

11 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Reading all these posts about people missing small talk and social interactions with workmates makes me realise how anti-social I must be. I can't think of anything better than being holed up for a couple of weeks/months away from people that I'm usually forced to spend time with. Either that or I've just never been lucky enough to be employed in a place where I think most folk are sound. 

I'm employed in a place where I think most folk are sound. Doesn't mean I need to talk to them.

13 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

This whole situation makes no difference to my "social" life tbqh.

Sent to trial home working today and they’ve fucked my access meaning they have to remotely attempt to sort the issue.

I’m basically being paid to eat a bacon roll and watch Ramsay’s kitchen nightmares at this moment.

28 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I've read this three times and I still don't understand what you mean, or how you got to that conclusion

When Paris locked down people moved out to secondary homes or to be with family elsewhere. Some carried it to places previously untouched by the infection. 

One of the troubling aspect is that you don’t know you have it until you feel the symptoms meaning you could be passing it in for up to seven days without even knowing. 

The threat of a lockdown in London will result in a similar scenario with people getting out of the city and going to stay with friends and family.

23 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Have to agree with this

I could do the isolation thing permanently quite easily

33 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Diseased Cockneys escaping and coming up to Dingwall to raid Tesco.

Edited by welshbairn

3 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Woke up this morning with a sore throat, the shivers and a soaring temperature.

Feel like pure shit.

Trust you've plenty of bog roll.

Hope you haven't got it (Covid-19).