Coronavirus (COVID-19)

That’s us (NZ) shut the border to anyone who isn’t a citizen or permanent resident. I went to the local supermarket today in Auckland and the place was mental. My Saturday football has been canned now too, things are starting to ramp up over here as much as the UK, and I do feel for my gran who lives alone back in Scotland who isn’t going to have any visitors for the foreseeable.

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I don't get this, is this guy selling something?

He's a salesman/installer in Dundee. He posted some unfounded bullshit on a trade forum as some sort of justification for continuing unabated. Protected his id because he is not alone, just the most stupid, up to now. 

8 hours ago, JTS98 said:

A big hub for infections in South East Asia was a huge event held in a mosque in Malaysia a few weeks ago. About 16,000 from numerous countries attended and 500 covid cases in a number of different countries have now been traced to it.

Great news is that 9,000 of these maniacs have now gathered for a similar event in Indonesia, including a bunch of Malaysians and people who have travelled from many other countries.

The Malay Mail today has a quote from one of the attendees saying "We are more afraid of God".

When people's brains work this way, what hope is there?

Christians tried to do their bit too.

While the Islamic festival ended, a big celebration for the ordination of a Catholic bishop on the island of Flores in eastern Indonesia proceeded, albeit on a smaller scale than anticipated.

About 1,000 people joined the congregation, said provincial government spokesman Marius Ardu Jelamu, less than the 8,000 originally expected.

A campaign to deter Catholics from attending had been effective and precautions were taken to minimise the chances of contagion, he added.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/coronavirus-covid19-indonesia-muslim-event-stopped-12555698

Bit of a dodgy Bishop by all accounts:

https://www.ucanews.com/news/church-gives-scandal-hit-indonesian-bishop-second-chance/84092

27 minutes ago, Milnzo said:

He's a salesman/installer in Dundee. He posted some unfounded bullshit on a trade forum as some sort of justification for continuing unabated. Protected his id because he is not alone, just the most stupid, up to now. 

Name him. 

16 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
17 hours ago, welshbairn said:
First prisoner to get the virus, HMP Manchester. Pray for [mention=48748]WhiteRoseKilie[/mention] .

We've already sending half a dozen or so staff home each day at our nick - won't be long until prisons are cutting regimes to the bone. Rehabilitation programmes have already been halted, and my function (H&S) are only covering essential tasks. Things are going to get really fucking hairy in the next couple of weeks, and get progressively worse for some time afterwards.

our new guvvie has sent an email out saying business as usual because most of us will get it anyhow😮.no reduction whatsoever in footfall through the front door.meanwhiile,a member of staff sent home yesterday after it transpires he should have been self isolating since Friday as hehas a family member showing symptoms, some managers knew of this but did heehaw,action only taken when union went upstairs to inform senior management about it.

we've a lock up meeting about it tomorrow, I think it will be "heated".frankly, if senior management are going to show no interest in taking reasonable steps to minimise risks of exposure to their staff ill take steps to ensure my own welfare

10 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

TL:DR - she says she has dealt with colds worse than coronavirus.

These fucking idiots aren't helping anyone and they think they are. The virus didn't affect her much, that's great, but another 22 year old might be affected much worse. Every story that says "it's just like the cold" is only going to add more weight to the Brexity Benidorm view that they can just carry on being fucking louts and do what they like.

I'm ready for rampage, if the polis need beefing up in the coming weeks to keep order just hand me a baton.

Guest bernardblack
Day 4 of this full time working from home caper. While I appreciate getting out of bed at 8.55 every morning, god damn am I missing going for a coffee and catching up with folk I work with. 

Same for me. Thought I’d love it, but it’s proving quite mentally challenging.

My work are claiming that if a member fo your shift gets disgnosed with corona, we don't all need to isolate because they will come in and do a deep clean.....

Nae bother
Aye wee Janice will have the place spotless. Mr sheen will sort it.