Coronavirus (COVID-19)

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Places like North Korea, who dont have any cases because, you know, they aren't actually testing anyone.

As I say every day, reading into the figures as anything important is utterly pointless, as about 90% of the worlds population havent been tested.

This "OH GOD THE UK HAS THE FASTEST GROWING AMOUNT OF CASES! WE'RE ALL DOOMED" is just stupid when you've got Countries who barely test anyone each day while the UK carries out thousands.

We should follow the North Korean approach.

Demographic distinctions between countries have to be considered though. From a report I read on CNN:
In Italy, 90% of the more than 1,000 deaths occur in those 70 or older.
By contrast, the outbreak in South Korea has occurred among much younger people. There, only 20% of cases have been diagnosed in those 60 years old and up. The largest affected group is those in their 20s, who account for almost 30% of all cases.
South Korea has an outbreak among youngish, non-smoking women, whereas Italy's disease is occurring among the old and the very old, many of whom are smokers.

Cases or deaths? Because South Korea is testing everyone, whatever their age while Italy has been testing people who show symptoms - of which the vast majority are older people. There are huge numbers of South Koreans who have tested positive for Covid 19 but are asymptomatic and suffer no I'll effects. There will likely be many more people in Italy in a similar situation which is why top line statistics don't tell the full picture.

Guest Moomintroll
IMG_0432.thumb.jpg.62a0d5517ca770e9fd92e5c20d8a888d.jpg

IMG_0433.thumb.jpg.7807fa40a62ef1b1c42d12b544bb6e01.jpg

The S.A.S obviously run about in trucks with Angry Killy Team stamped on side, we actually need this virus to wipe out fuckwits like that.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
25 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:
IMG_0432.thumb.jpg.62a0d5517ca770e9fd92e5c20d8a888d.jpg

IMG_0433.thumb.jpg.7807fa40a62ef1b1c42d12b544bb6e01.jpg

The S.A.S obviously run about in trucks with Angry Killy Team stamped on side, we actually need this virus to wipe out fuckwits like that.

Maybe they'll send a SWAT team to stack your shelves.

2 hours ago, beefybake said:

I'm in my late 60's , health still decent.  Haven't done any stockpiling.

Most I ever do is buy the 18 pack  toilet rolls from Lidl, they last a while.

I was in Tesco on Monday and Tuesday and there was a fair amount of toilet paper. 

I let it go on Monday but on Tuesday I bought a packet of six, even though I knew I had about 12.

You get sort of forced too incase in a few weeks you can't get any.

16 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Your m8 Lenford does realise we drive on the left in this country, yeah? 

Tbf they often shut down a whole side of the carriageway when doing roadworks.

This also going about, convey of military vehicles headed to London, apparently. Video seemingly just a quick clip of a much larger collection.

You've no idea what's true and what's bollocks on social media just now.

We still have one in use in the hyperbaric chamber. No electronics, all mechanical. No spark risk.
Wow, really? They're gas driven aren't they and you just set the volume you want it to deliver.

A couple of our middle eastern guys still hanker after them for their simplicity.