Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest Moomintroll
Maybe best to start helping "your team" rather than keep posting on PnB mucker.

Await lame excuse as to why you are able to post....
Well not really lame, im going in at 12.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
3 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:
Maybe best to start helping "your team" rather than keep posting on PnB mucker.

Await lame excuse as to why you are able to post....

Well not really lame, im going in at 12.

Lazy barsteward. 

Just now, Moomintroll said:
5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
Are there no other managers in duty?

A few Supervisors but I'm the Branch Manager sadly.

What happens when you're normally on leave. I understand you're concern but going in probably won't help in the long term because you might get infected. Even if you do you should be getting the hours back.

Another point in managers "going above and beyond" it creates a culture of expectation. Senior managers will expect your less able contemporaries to do the same. Workers will also have the dilemma that you went in so will think they should too.

Just now, Moomintroll said:

Well I care about them

Mark that the only person in your entire faceless corporation that does then. I'm willing to bet that most of your beloved team couldn't give a toss either, and would be glad to have the time off instead.

the reality is that this mayhem will be over in about 4 weeks when these maniacs finally run out of money or cupboard space.

Erm yes - because by the time that the government announces an indefinite lockdown and supermarkets are one of the only businesses still open, then panic-driven demand at them can only fall.

Let's hope they're not all running their supply chains according to your gormless forecasts or else we're all gubbed.

Anyone who had been employed would then be getting the boot as demand drops, given how much it costs to recruit & train someone it would be an exercise in futility.

The warehouse that you were previously white knighting for is recruiting all over the country right now to meet that demand. But it's cute to see that you've added 'saving the faceless corporation extra recruitment costs' to your uncompensated remit. The CEO will be thrilled to know that he can spend more time on the golf course now that he's got you working on that one for him as well.

Guest Moomintroll
The warehouse that you were previously white knighting for is recruiting all over the country right now to meet that demand. But it's cute to see that you've added 'saving the faceless corporation extra recruitment costs' to your uncompensated remit. The CEO will be thrilled to know that he can spend more time on the golf course now that he's got you working on that one for him as well.
You're quite an angry wee man, aren't you? I need to stop playing now Champ, got work to do.

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

You're quite an angry wee man, aren't you? I need to stop playing now Champ, got work to do.

*Extra work*

*that you're not getting paid for*

*because your company's corporate culture has got its boot lodged firmly up your arse*

Gutted to be missing out on that m8: enjoy.

A507576A-00E4-4BD1-BAD0-FF4BC5C5B220.thumb.jpeg.9f47449e99922f6c72fd556f864c42c5.jpeg

Edited by vikingTON

20 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Some angry lads out in force today :lol:

Some serious heads gone here, Moomintroll's got them truly rattled over f**k all. Maybe an unsuspected early symptom.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Warnings of rogue ‘community helpers’ targeting households

https://www.elystandard.co.uk/news/rogue-health-workers-targeting-elderly-and-vulnerable-1-6565364

A statement released by Wisbech Town Council on social media said: “We are receiving reports that individuals and small groups are approaching households claiming to be from The Red Cross and offering coronavirus testing, and then demanding significant money for the tests.

“Please be advised this is a scam - The Red Cross are not offering any such service and nor is anyone else outside the NHS.

“If you or any member of your family is approached in this way, then please report it to the police immediately.”

Probably sure to catch on around the country as more scumbags look to take advantage of peoples fears.

Mind when this started and folk said "humanity always comes together in these situations"? I haven't seen any of this "coming together". All I see is c***s. And they're being cunty everywhere.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Mind when this started and folk said "humanity always comes together in these situations"? I haven't seen any of this "coming together". All I see is c***s. And they're being cunty everywhere.

Just getting into the true blitz spirit, spivs flogging on the black market, war profiteering, fire wardens looting..

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Hmmm.....there’s much to be said for overcooked lasagne sheets. A fine alternative to bum wipes.

I immediately thought of the home made stuff, fresh out of that wee rolling machine.  You could incorporate porridge for improved adhesion.  

Edited by cyderspaceman
Tidying

25 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
29 minutes ago, virginton said:

You've annoyed "the pack" I see.

They find it difficult to get through the day without ganging up on someone and making even good deeds seem somehow bad, as they display their faux "outrage" across the forum.

Sad doesn't come close.

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Got to wonder if senior managers of places are getting together now to form a strategy when everyone decides they can do their job fine from home and would like to keep going if that's OK

I've been saying that's why my office aren't letting anyone apart from Managers do it.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

20200317-sitrep-57-covid-19.pdf 669.93 kB · 8 downloads

Updated league tables attached. 

Pakistan is a real worry here- almost doubled without any reported community transmission + large urban population. 

Starting to wonder whether the demography of most of Africa and south Asia might help with that herd immunity approach? Can only hope. 

Oh dear.  A gift for the racist, anti-immigration crowd.