Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:

Yeah will take a half day at some point when it all calms down tbf.

Hmm, passable excuse.  Carry on.

I'm #wfh until further notice.  Got a few books I've been looking forward to reading, and my 3 year old is still at nursery so I've been hiding his toys around the living room to make him think they come to life when he's not around.

And working....god, been working like a dog...obviously.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

2 days ago I left a shop where there was a woman smoking, with a facemask on her head ready to put back on. What an absolute fucking idiot. 

When I was undergoing my Radiotherapy, I saw a woman standing outside the Oncology unit doors having a fag while actually attached to the IV drip giving her chemotherapy.

I am so glad I broke the tobacco habit.

Glasto postponed.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/mar/18/glastonbury-festival-postponed-due-to-coronavirus

........but the good news is that His Bononess has written a coronavirus song. Is there no limit to this man's desire for self-promotion

talent ?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/mar/18/bono-coronavirus-song-italy-let-your-love-be-known

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Just now, Moomintroll said:
9 minutes ago, Rugster said:
So when people are being told to stay at home, work from home when they can etc, you've decided to go into work whilst you're actually on holiday? Smart.

I know but they need the help, you can't really fill a shelf sitting on the couch & people are getting threatened on a daily basis due to our rationing policy so as their Manager I can't just sit here and do nothing.

As a former Union official and also a member of the human race I can see both sides of this argument.

The company most certainly doesn't give a damn about you our your staff, the business should be ensuring proper staffing levels and even additional bonuses / incentives for the hardworking staff, as this should not be left to Managers at local level.

If everyone helped out for free or on time off then the company would just be laughing up their sleeves at you as they pay out further dividends to their shareholders and additional bonuses to the CEO and Exec board.

On the other hand you seem a good guy and obviously have a good working relationship with your team so while the "business" are in some respects exploiting you, that's out of your control and the people who would ultimately be let down would be your colleagues and customers so personally I'd applaud you.

17 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Im salaried,

So what? You're still providing labour over and above your contract for nothing in return.

I'm not doing it for them, I'm doing it to help my team.

Nobody cares about your team; it's hardly a Saving Private Ryan scenario here.

Real world time, we ain't getting any more staff.

If the situation was bad enough then companies would be practically dragging people off the streets right now to work for them and deal with the demand. Indeed that could be a short-term opportunity for people who have just been laid off due to their companies going under and don't have salaried pay to fall back on.

But instead they've got corporate shills like yourself volunteering to take up the extra slack, so more profit for your fatcat overlords.

Edited by vikingTON

Willing to bet that @Moomintroll will soon be traipsing into work with a full set of coronavirus symptoms like some self-righteous Typhoid Mary, labouring under the delusion that his precious team couldn't possibly cope without his presence. And that'll be the end of that workplace for the foreseeable future anyway.

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

regular sight outside Forth Valley

....and Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As Scottish businesses close up across the nation, some are rapidly adapting to support front line services in the fight against the coronavirus outbreak.

A gin distillery in Leith announced it would be suspending spirit production and making high strength hand sanitiser instead in a bid to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Leith Gin said the hand sanitisers will be free and given to those who need it in the local community. The company made a call out for small plastic bottles with pump action tops.

Manorview Group of hotels, including the Torrance in East Kilbride and Boclair House, which suspended businesses following extraordinary advice from the government for people to minimise social contact, offered the use of its rooms to the NHS in case it needs extra capacity. The company announced it would continue paying its entire workforce on 50% wages during the shutdown and will run a delivery service.

In a statement, the company said: “We believe it is the right thing to do, to protect our teams and customers, to look ahead to the future, and hopefully we can all come back from this stronger.

“We regret we are having to make this decision, but the safety and welfare of people is paramount. We are living in unprecedented times.”

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

16 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
26 minutes ago, Rugster said:
So when people are being told to stay at home, work from home when they can etc, you've decided to go into work whilst you're actually on holiday? Smart.

I know but they need the help, you can't really fill a shelf sitting on the couch & people are getting threatened on a daily basis due to our rationing policy so as their Manager I can't just sit here and do nothing.

Are there no other managers in duty?

21 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
1 hour ago, virginton said:
Volunteering to give free additional labour to an unfeeling multinational corporate giant is OFTW behaviour. Rest assured that they will not give a jot about what you think is a noble sacrifice, so either claim overtime or let them hire extra staff to deal with demand instead.

Im salaried, I'm not doing it for them, I'm doing it to help my team. Real world time, we ain't getting any more staff.

Keep it up, f**k the lefty halfwits. 

Guest Moomintroll
If the situation was bad enough then companies would be practically dragging people off the streets right now to work for them and deal with the demand. Indeed that could be a short-term opportunity for people who have just been laid off due to their companies going under and don't have salaried pay to fall back on.
But instead they've got corporate shills like yourself volunteering to take up the extra slack, so more profit for your fatcat overlords.
Well I care about them, the reality is that this mayhem will be over in about 4 weeks when these maniacs finally run out of money or cupboard space. Anyone who had been employed would then be getting the boot as demand drops, given how much it costs to recruit & train someone it would be an exercise in futility.

Guest Moomintroll
Willing to bet that [mention=72852]Moomintroll[/mention] will soon be traipsing into work with a full set of coronavirus symptoms like some self-righteous Typhoid Mary, labouring under the delusion that his precious team couldn't possibly cope without his presence. And that'll be the end of that workplace for the foreseeable future anyway.
Nah, I have already been tested and got the all clear. No doubt some other bugger will promptly infect me though.

Nah, I have already been tested and got the all clear. No doubt some other bugger will promptly infect me though.
Maybe best to start helping "your team" rather than keep posting on PnB mucker.

Await lame excuse as to why you are able to post....